Motor pod for Zagi

Hi Guys,

I bought a 2nd hand zagi recently that needs a new motor/battery pod. The only place I can find to buy one from is ebay. Its 10.99 which is ok but they want nearly £5,00 P+P!. Anyone know anywhere else I could get one?

Thanks

Advert

If you are refering to the JP 480si (zagi), I tried to get one but they seem to be like hens teeth, I ended up buying another complete model thinking I could use the motor pod in the one I have made up and make up the second one as a pure slope soarer. It would simply mean fitting the rx and battery into the motor pod recesss and covering it over with the GW tape. As it turned out I managed to refit the motor using a blasa block cut and shaped and then cut and shaped another block for the nose end. I also refitted the motor by using a plastic cable tie right through the foam. This helps to keep the balsa block in place as well.

The plastic bit in the middle is still OK where the ESC RX and battery fit & I also managed to repair the top cover with glass mat & resin. So I still have complete spare if the "indestructable" ever forgets it's boast.

Great piece of kit. Makes more noise than those pesky 2 stokes. result !!!!!wink

Depends on which bit is busted the most. When it goes in it tends to be from a stall and ends up nose first into the ground. What usually happens is the lid comes off and splits near the velcro fixing points. ( reasonable easy to fix,) and the pod gets it at the front either from impact or the battery shifting and also at the rear with the weight of the motor. Like I said earlier you only realy need to mount the motor and have a bit at the front to attach the cover. Although the mid section of my pod is still reasonably intact I did consider removing it completely and lining the recess with GW tape and simply mounting the rx etc. with double sided tape. A piece of ply with wide velcro strap passing underneath then epoxied into the bottom secures the battery. I can see a plastic bottle may be usefull if your cover/canopy is beyond repair. With the price you are quoting for parts on ebay you are half way to replacing the model.

Alwyn

Edited By Alwyn Gee on 07/06/2012 09:58:05