Copyright or what

Tried to see Stuart Eggertons, lovely video entitiled Gentle Lady above the clouds. 15/08/11. This is what I found. "This video contains content from UEFA who has blocked it on copyright grounds" The same message was on the next 2 videos of Stuarts, showing similar material. Can anyone explain whats going on. ? Cheers FB3

Advert

What this one? Seems to work fine for me. I expect UEFA will be applying for quite a few videos to be taken off Youtube at the moment, it may be Youtube took the wrong one off accidentally. Seems to be working fine now though.

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 08/06/2012 18:11:41

Ben

You need to put 450 into the size box before copying the url other wise it will evoke the wrath of the MODs as the oversize video goes into the adds and screws up the page format. wink 2.

The video is one of the first with Stuarts new cam ,Videos are often removed if the music is subject to copyright.

Tom.

Hi Ben B, no thats not the one I could not find,but very similar. The original on 15/08/11 page 36. These were uploaded on the above date, but the3 three vids are now not available due to the reason stated. Cheers  ps Who are uefa anyway ?

Edited By fly boy3 on 08/06/2012 18:17:51

Two of my youtube videos are currently "blocked in Germany" at the request of (if I remember correctly) Sony. It's due to the soundtrack in my case. One video (of one of my daughter's rowing events) has a soundtrack I added that is apparently on Sony's books. The other though is one of my Blackbushe Model Show 2010 videos (actually the one that the show organisers put on several pages of the 2012 show website) and the "soundtrack" is over the show PA system, partially muffled by wind and jet turbine noise. Sony still managed to detect it though!

So I guess Stuart's video probably has an added soundtrack that the copyight owners are cracking down on. Some copyright owners take a fairly lenient attitude and stick a link or an advert to where you can buy the soundtrack, others are more in the "hang 'em and flog 'em" camp. No idea who eufa are though!

Cheers lads, who ever they are they must be looking at our modeling vids, so they can't be all bad. lol

For John, must be really frustrating for a video thats taken money, time and effort to produce, to be pulled like that.  I for one don't like it.  Not sure about Stuart,s videos, he does not normally put music on his work, its mostly quality and the technical side he is most interested in I think.  Cheers

Edited By fly boy3 on 08/06/2012 21:24:58

A couple of years ago I had the soudtrack of a video blocked on youtube before I even had a chance to see it there myself! I'd done a quick edit of a slope soaring video and put a backing track (OK, corny, I know!) of Fleetwood Mac's Albatross mixed-in with the wind noise. I left it uploading to youtube and when I came back an hour or so later found that "copyright content had been detected" and the audio blocked. I guess youtube must do some basic screening themselves?

I should probably add that I don't usually put background music on my videos,  and when I do I usually look for 'royalty free' music.

Edited By John Privett on 08/06/2012 21:27:04