Fob Camera Wide View Lens?

Advert

Phil, in case you haven't come across it before, there's a lot of info on these keyfob cameras on this website by a guy called Chuck Lohr. It's a little chaotically laid-out, but there's lots of useful stuff on it - specifically this link should take you the section on wide-angle lenses.

That second link might appear to just take you to the same place as the first - you need to wait a few seconds for the page to load, it then jumps to a point way, way, way down the page!

Edited By John Privett on 10/06/2012 22:43:24

• 1 month later...

Pete B,I do not know for that info,but I saw a video clip of my colleagues,and I was pleasantly surprised by the enough wide angle, and quality shots..(for my needs of curse)

Thanks for Your time and replay.

Greetings

Jo.

p.s. Now I'm movie-maker and clips coming soon. ...lol...

Edited By Josip Vrandecic -Mes on 13/07/2012 14:59:11

On this version, the LED light flashes during the recording so you know something is happening. I agree with you, using this version in the widescreen format seems to have a wider angle of view.

I'll post this one here as an example- although this one is 4:3 format and quite a bit of resolution is lost in the processing for upload to Youtube. It's my first with the new camera and there's more to learn......smile

Hold on to your hat........teeth 2

Pete

Posted by Josip Vrandecic -Mes on 13/07/2012 13:42:57:

With a help of Mr.John Privett,(info on this site 1 month ago),cam 808 just arrived from Singapore,and make me very ,very happy...Thanks alot John....

You're welcome Jo!

My own keyfob camera is still one of the #3 cameras. It's probably time I upgraded to a #16! I'll be in Singapore briefly later this summer - perhaps I should look out for one there. Though it's probably easier (not to mention quicker) to just buy one off ebay!

Hi John,40 years ago I could not believe that I will become the owner of this keyfob cam...even in my dreams,but if you'll live enough....is possible .The truth is that I saw 808 in Your post...so thanks again, John...face 1

Many health and happiness

Jo

p.s. Bob thank You (price w/ customs is 53 dlrs)

Edited By Josip Vrandecic -Mes on 13/07/2012 21:05:59

Edited By Josip Vrandecic -Mes on 13/07/2012 21:08:21

@Pete B, Is the wing cam on the Decathlon a servo tilt, or is the camera loose... !!!

I almost lost my keyfob when the velcro backing glue came away from the velcro....

The plane started behaving oddly, and then I saw the camera standing on it's nose mid-wing, like a massive crow brake.!! ... About 1mm of glue holding it on..!!

Luv

Chrisie.. xx

Glad you asked, Chrisie, I wondered if anyone would notice! smile

During the upload, which took over 1 1/2hrs (face 24), a message came up that Youtube had detected a lot of shake in the video and would I like them to fix it? I agreed and it seems that they have applied image stabilisation by following the centre of the frame. It was uploaded as a 16:9 format which has been changed to 4:3.

I'll upload it again but without the IS option and I'll post it as a comparison.

My cam is velcro-mounted and I have to admit that after each spin I brought it round for a quick look-see to make sure it was still there! teeth 2

A lucky break for you there - I might just add a bit of thread to mine as insurance......

Pete

Edited By Pete B on 15/07/2012 13:46:48

• 3 months later...

Just got a #16 from ebay china looks ok so far, bit dull here today to fully test, but got it fitted to my blaze wing tip for hopefully a test flight tomorrow - car loaded ready to go - you watch it'll either be too windy or raining or something we crop up and stop me going, it's been a week so far since I've flown and already got withdrawal symptons !

Edited By Delta Whiskey on 25/10/2012 21:32:38