Crane Fly Autogyro

Tom Wright  2

• 6 months later...
Advert

hello tom....i did the maiden today wth my/your crane fly and after a fair bit of hesitation......i did a ROG take off...and it flew straight and level ...... as i am a fixed wing flyer it was a bit strange flying the CF .... it was a fair old wind blowing as well...10-15mph..... anyway i was having trouble getting it to penetrate into the wind......do you need more throttle or alter the pitch? ....... i got disorientated....and ended up nose first into terra firma.....lucky that a bush broke its fall and the only damage was a broken...prop......and the motor grub screws came loose.....my 2nd attempt didn't get off the ground and removed one of the tail fin's............just like that.......

3.jpg

ken anderson ne..1....... foodmixer dept.....

Edited By ken anderson. on 09/01/2013 15:38:49

Edited By ken anderson. on 09/01/2013 15:46:22

Ken,

Well done.

Try it with virtually no wind, you will have better results as things can soon get out of hand with wind. Cheques and wheel spats are very good I have found to help orientation, once you have got that first safe proper flight out of the way you will be away.

Welcome to our world!disgust

Rich

Cant see which way its going department.

• 3 months later...

Hallo Tom, the Crane Fly had its maiden today. It flew "straight off the board". I still can't believe that I really have flown an autogyro.

Thank you very much for the design and your constant input. The forum has been a great help too.

Much to my surprise, the "Dark Side" isn't all that bad really, in fact its most enjoyable!

Kind regards

Brian Jackson