Hobbyking run around

Ordered a couple of servo's from Hobbyking, paid the extra $1 to have them shipped Royal Mail and god knows why because of late they are as slow as HK post office.

Despite my precautions the order went missing in the post, got onto Hobbyking and they were not at all helpful, no real meaningful communication until I started getting a bit short with them, I was told twice that the refund would be made but it wasnt.

Since I first informed them that the order had gone missing I have emailed them ten times, I have demanded a full and immediate repayment, I have asked for the email address and name of the despatch dept manager, now they have decided not to talk to me.

Problem is because they are in HK we buyers have no way of getting money back off them if they decide not to pay, they are immune from prosecution or small claims courts.

MY ADVICE.everything is OK unless the order is lost, then be prepared for a long drawn out argument because they are about as fast as a fungal growth in even the small things like answering an email, I am still waiting for my refund nine weeks after first contacting them.

If there is not that much difference in price for a product then buy from a UK supplier, at least you will be covered by British law if things go pear shaped.

Lastly, Pay by Paypal, and if something hasnt arrived 44 days AFTER PLACING THE ORDER NOT WHEN HOBBYKING SAY IT WAS DESPATCHED, OPEN A DISPUTE AT PAYPAL. if Hobbyking dont pay up Paypal will make them.

Edited By Terence Lynock on 20/06/2012 14:50:12

Advert

I like cheap as much, or more, than the next bloke, and I know the problems that come with the LMS, I used to own one. However...

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL MODEL SHOP!!!

One day they will all be gone and then you will have no choice but to buy from HK. At least your LMS is reachable on the phone, or you can "pop" over and grumble.

BG

Hi BG,

I don't want to spark the HK v. LMS debate again. I was in a LMS on Sat and they where helpful, friendly and not overly expensive. However I said a not my because the closest LMS to me is over an hour away. Therefore I tend to buy online and that includes from HK.

I have never had a problem from HK customer services, but as I say if you do then use the credit card and paypal method, as this gives you some cover.

Posted by Terence Lynock on 20/06/2012 14:47:46:

Ordered a couple of servo's from Hobbyking, paid the extra $1 to have them shipped Royal Mail and god knows why because of late they are as slow as HK post office.

I think you may be confused as to the functions of the various mailing methods and the likely causes fo delay, for example holdups in Customs, etc, not under the control of the postal companies!!

Posted by Olly P on 21/06/2012 09:35:28:

Garbo - they always have on my orders, but I've always used the HK post office. I've had loads of stuff shipped from Hong Kong through the years, but most of that was with work stuff on sea freight.

Olly

Thanks Olly It was Terence I was worried about.

I rember my first order from Hobbycity took ages and I was convinced I had been had

It has been said before, yet needs repeating.

a) LMS is some 15 miles away

b) LMS has a very limited range of goods

c) LMS is very expensive for small items.

The Internet is very convenient, you can browse to your hearts content, offers good value, the goods come to your door. On line shopping has a lot going for it.

I have only had one very long delivery from HK. With Lipos you can track quite well as they are shipped by Swissair. Other options are not as detailed, sometimes faster and sometimes not.

When was the package sent?

Apparently customs are tightened up significantly with the olympics coming up and it doesn't look like it will ease up until September. I've just had to wait a week for a package to clear customs that was sent EMS Express. I ended up phoning up Parcelfarce to see what was going on.

Si.

• 3 weeks later...