Bury Metro open day 2012 - 4th and 5th Aug!

Advert

• 2 weeks later...

Little more last minute information about the event;

We have permission from the land-owner to use our carpark (our heli field) for camping, camper vans and caravans. This means the small area we had put aside for camping in the pits area is no longer needed. All people staying over-night for the event can now keep their tents erected and out of the way of the flying.

Edited By Robert Tomlin on 31/07/2012 08:32:24

Your North West, specifically applies only to ENGLAND not the United Kingdom. There is in a straight line 340 miles of the UK mainland North of you laugh I, f'rinstance. find you south of the offical centre of the UK

Still hope it goes well for you thumbs up even though I am in the NW of the UK.

Thanks for your warm wishes on the success of our Open Day smiley

You are indeed technically in the North West of the UK however in the words of Winston Churchill when told that he should not end a sentance with a prepostion, "That is the sort of arrant pedantry up with which I will not put." wink

my post code says i am in the north west, as does my marriage, and birth certificates, face 1 we are also in the northwest area of the BMFA, sorta confirms it then, dunnit?

the event is at the field of Bury Metro mfc, in the northwest of england, face 1 weather is looking promising, sadly, i wont have a model there, as the house is still upside down, but i dare say they will find me something to do!!! dont forget, if you have anything modelling you want to get rid of, bring it along, but also bring a table!!!! if anyone has a running half cc diesel, or a model of the Taube, or bleriot, i would be interested

yeah the weather is at the moment looking a bit damp for the weekend, but HM weather forecasters do get it wrong most of the time find ! Bury Metro is also in some weird micro climate ... mostly all the heavy rain clouds skirt 'round the site and don't bother us much, sometimes. That said, if you really need to know what the weather is doing at the flying site then take a peek at the clubs very own weather station info... http://www.bmmfc.com/weather/

WELL, good day today, way to hot, only literally a few spots of rain, honest, we saw thunder clouds, saw belts of rain, all went round the field, had a GREAT demo from peter or was it kieth jackson, top end GBRCA flier with one of the latest models, superb, i had my Phil Kraft KwickFly there today, similar model from yesteryear, i let him have a go on it, he loved a bit of retro, he actually flew it better than i did!!! as many shouts from behind me told me, it was a great day, but not enough scale models, few forumites turned up--Paul Marsh needs another sparrowhawk--radio lock out up field, oh dear, but he took it well, and proceeded to entertain us all with his big T28, that looked great. it was a great day, none stop burgers and tea all day, well done the hard working commitee, try ot get down sunday, strip is like a bowling green, and HUGE!!!

Edited By Alan Cantwell on 04/08/2012 18:26:05

Managed to nip over for a couple of hours late afternoon. Saw a few old faces (I mean that in the nicest possible way) enjoying themselves and getting plenty of stick time in. Weather was cracking whilst we were there so fingers crossed it stays the same for you fellas tomoz .wink 2

Non stop burgers smile p!!! ...must have missed em ! crying 2

Didn't we do well?

Cracking day... ignore the Met Office forecasts, what do they know eh? Only a few spots of rain early morning and hot sunshine there-after (almost). Plenty of variety in models and flyers, and the heli boys were well happy 'cause we gave them their own field to play in! Same again on Sunday with any luck.

Pic is from today btw.

2012 Openday  Saturday

Edited By Robert Tomlin on 04/08/2012 18:51:32

Sunday was another hoot! Just as many models in the air both on the fixed-wing and the heli patches. But loads more spectators. Another cracking day with gentle winds and hot sunshine almost the whole day.. although when it did start to rain late in the afternoon is was with vengeance. Thunder, lightning , rain like stair rods for about an hour or so, did think sheltering in the clubs steel cabin maybe not the best thing to do during the storm!

Edited By Robert Tomlin on 05/08/2012 19:32:28