I DID IT.... I DID IT.... I flew into the clouds... :)

Advert

Posted by Martin Harris on 10/07/2012 14:28:13:

Don't want to put too much of a dampener on everyone's enthusiasm, but aren't we meant to maintain visual contact (unaided) with our models?

4.2.2 Article 166 – Small unmanned aircraft

(3) The person in charge of a small unmanned aircraft must maintain direct, unaided
visual contact with the aircraft sufficient to monitor its flight path in relation to
other aircraft, persons, vehicles, vessels and structures for the purpose of
avoiding collisions.

I don't think we should be seen to actively encourage contraventions of the ANO on a public forum!

Yawn!

C8

Posted by kevin goodwin on 11/07/2012 22:19:32:
Posted by Martin Harris on 10/07/2012 14:28:13:

Don't want to put too much of a dampener on everyone's enthusiasm, but aren't we meant to maintain visual contact (unaided) with our models?

4.2.2 Article 166 – Small unmanned aircraft

(3) The person in charge of a small unmanned aircraft must maintain direct, unaided
visual contact with the aircraft sufficient to monitor its flight path in relation to
other aircraft, persons, vehicles, vessels and structures for the purpose of
avoiding collisions.

I don't think we should be seen to actively encourage contraventions of the ANO on a public forum!

Yawn!

C8

Hope that "yawn" is in compliance with the terms and conditions laid down in HMOOBOF chapter 53a para 27/3q..........if not I may have to report you to the regulatory authorities!.

Sorry if I've bored anyone and I hope you'll note that there was no direct criticism of anyone's actions. However, given the title of the thread and possible interpretations of some of the postings I felt that someone should inject a few words of caution. It would only take a single serious incident especially if widely publicised, to set back the hobby - and particularly the concessions obtained from the CAA for FPV - significantly.

What I was hoping to avoid was seeing a series of more and more extreme cloud flying videos being attempted and posted.

I do find it mildly amusing that someone who finds a posting boring should take the trouble to repeat post it and comment on it...I thought I had explained my reasoning sufficiently in an earlier reply!

And that, no doubt to the relief of many of you, is an end to the subject as far as I'm concerned as I've made what I feel is a valid point - perhaps not in a way that suits everybody - and don't intend to labour it any further.

I'm OK with what you said Martin, appreciate the need to curtail any 'I can do better' vids... Fair enuf...

I did say everthing I needed to say before the first picture, maybe I should have put it all in bold.. !

But I'm sometimes guilty of skooting past text to get to the pics in a post, so....

Besides, as there are so many moans about the BMFA, it's kinda cool to have someone who knows the rules, chapter and verse.. Like a Lawyer friend..

I'm still friends with everyone.... The End..

Luv

Chrisie.. xx

• 3 months later...
Posted by Cyclicscooby on 11/07/2012 13:22:27:

AND one of the frequent overhead flyers, is the Midlands Copper Chopper, which visits Police HQ many times a day. !!!

lol, reminds me of a time a couple of months back when I went looking for a canopy in the surrounding farmland and the Bristol Western Counties police chopper happened to be passing over. It was flying over our field at a very fast rate, then suddenly screeched to a stop and then subsequently decided to circle me!

To make matters worse, when I looked up a swarm of Nats was flying around my head and so I naturally swiped my hands to get them away. No doubt it added to their suspicion when a random person wearing flip-flops and shorts, who was walking in the middle of a field was now waving to them!

I was very tempted to run to see what they would actually do!! Probably was for the best that I didn't...

For the next 5-10 minutes they then continued to circle at a very low level as I walked across this field. When I got back to my planes and picked them up to take it to the car, they then must have decided I wasn't doing what ever they thought I doing.

I did wonder what they would have actually done, considering our field is only accessible by a long track off road...

Si.