500Kv / 600W Motor advice please ?

cagey

As titled, does anyone have any idea where to source such a motor ? Going to be powering a P51d, at 5lbs weight, using a 60A esc and LiFe 2100 r/x servo power supply. Not going for go fast turn left now, just scale type flying. There is a stock FMS motor combo but unobtainable at the moment and frankly I haven't any confidence in the FMS kit at all. Cheers peeps.

Advert

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 14/07/2012 22:04:30:

What about an E-Flite 46? 670kV will handle upto 800W no problem. Not cheap I know but good quality and spares availability etc. Will last you. More details here.

BEB

I was gonna say the Power32... How does your FMS model compare to the E-flite P-51..??

Luv

Chrisie.. xx

Hi folks, Thanks for the suggestions, all being stored under future possibles. I neglected to say that the scale 4 blade and scale spinner are driven through a 6mm shaft with a can mount via 4 c/s set screws, which would be nigh on impossible to adapt to a conventional split chuck type driver, without a small engineers lathe i'd say.So the can end of the motor will need to have that facility engineered if it's not already a feature. Unless anyone knows otherwise that is ?

Closest yet is a 600 Kv Aeolian motor from Leaderhobby in China. £28, yes 28, I might give one a go and for that dosh if it's poop it'll come in handy to throw at next doors cat.

Sorry Chrisie,I wouldn't know how the FMS compares,but odds are the Eflite is way ahead of them quality wise and spares availabilty too. The FMS V2 is a much better scale machine though and has had some good reviews.

Regards all, Cagey.

Hi Cagey..

I was thinking more along the lines of comparing W/S, weight etc, to see if the Power32 motor would work in your bird.. I'd ditch the current geared setup, and just make a new bulkhead to mount a direct prop-motor setup..

In which case, it'd help if you compare your birds wieght n W/S against other similar models to see what size prop and motor they are using..

Luv

Chrisie.. xx

I thought about the Power 32 as well - it would work, but I'm always someone who doesn't mind having a little more power than the min - especially in a warbird. Pays off in terms of scale (nice big loops become easier) and "get out of jail free" (sometimes its possible to power your way out of a stall with sufficient oumph at the front end!)

Either would fit the bill though.

I agree with Chrisie - I'd be inclined to "reengineer" the front end to accept a standard motor rather than search for motors with specific fittings.

BEB

Not too sure if I'm saying the right things or not. The motor I intend to use is as standard as they come, just has the added luxury of having an alternative prop driver to the plain main shaft is all. **LINK** This one has that can front end drilled and tapped to receive said prop driver.and hopeully will accept the longer adaptor I have for the scale spinner and prop. Already is a standard mounted motor, am I being obtuse or what ?

Sorry Cagey... You're not being obtuse..

So you're after the adaptor that screws onto the end of the motor..?? The bit with a thread for a prop nut, etc... ???

You confused me with the mention of a 'can'... Thats an old term for the case of a brushed motor.. !!

If it is that you're after, they are usually specific to a motor or two.. i.e. Overlander do a kit (just like the one in your link, with motor 'X' mount, and prop adaptor) for a specific range / size of their motors, the '26 series' for example (2624, 2620, etc..)..

You'd have to measure the hole spacing on your original motors, then look in model shops for summut that might fit..

Soz thats no immediate help ,but it's not a measurement most of us are familiar with, as they are all different...

Hope That Helps..

Luv

Chrisie.. xx