PSS F-16

David Gilder

HI dave

hers a few pics of my f16, im gunna extend to wing by 3 inch on each tip to increase the wing, its very light glass and foam wing i reckon it will be a missile in a howling blow......

matts phone 039.jpg

matts phone 042.jpg

definatly putting ailerons on her, got just enough thickness at he route of the wing to get in hs65mg, Any way it didnt fly as an edf, so if it goes in oh well, it was just taking up space on my roof. lol

That looks perfect mad! A good idea to increase the wing.. Semi scale wing! That's what mine has!

There wasn't room to put servos in the wings on mine so I had to opt for a single servo mounted in the fuselage and pushrods coming through the sides to the aileron horns!

One thing I would highly recommend though is to block up the air intake! I used some lite ply and mounted the on / off switch on it so its out of the way but not really noticeable!

What does it currently weigh, without wing extensions, fan,motor or limo?

Cant wait to see some footage of this in the air!

Where do you live? Any plans to get to any of the PSSA meets this year?

Dave.

yeah the block will stop the intake taking a hammering, i think it weighed bout 1300g auw as a edf, but we could never get it going fast enough to fly, tried everything, bungees, javalin throws etc etc, never flew, so im gunna lob it of a hill!!!!!

we fly at ivinghoe as were in watford, definatly gunna go to a pssa meet this year, really only got in to sloping this summer and already have a growing collection of slope models, my old man is creating a monster dh 108 swallow think its about 90 inches, he has scratch built it from true drawing, cad drew the plans and its bout 1/3 fininshed, gunna get a build thread on here for him.

i like a challenge, got a few composite models they are fast and precise, but you gotta love a scratcher!!!!!

hi dave was wondering how big you made the ailerons?

I've done the mod and added a bit to the wing, bit of covering. Bring on the wind and less snow would be nice.

img_20130114_160607.jpg

I made the flaps 35mm wide and approx 5 inches long, managed toget hs65 completely flush in the wing.

Hi Mad,

I made my airlerons full length! and 3/4inch deep into the wing!

If I could suggest, maybe for a future project, build new wings with a little less sweep and the flat tips on like the real ones!

By making the sweep less, you will increase the wing area and by extending by maybe 2 inches with the "chopped" tips (where the missiles would be mounted!) you should find it will do well!

Just a thought!

Still, looking good!

wink