Hitec Aurora 9 transmitter:- Faulty on/off switch???

NealeG

Anybody out there experienced this problem with the Aurora 9.

Intermittant fault that occurs ONLY when the transmitter is turned off. The display screen will momentarily switch back on with the following two messages displayed " loading data model memory data"/ "Saving model memory data" the display window then closes and seconds later the same two messages appear. Although this doesn't happen all the time once it starts it continues constantly until something???????? triggers it to stop. It even happens when I am charging the transmitter battery.

Both Hitec USA and J Perkins Distribution have't experience this fault before.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Advert

Neal,

It doesn't help but no, I've never experienced that problem. However, your thread title suggested a different problem I occasionaly have. Very rarely, when I switch the set on, the light comes on but nothing appears on the screen. I switch off and back again and the problem never repeats itself. Weird but I put it down to the 'computer' stuff inside not starting up, like my PC from time to time.

I am very pleased with the set though, despite the occasional glitch in the starting process.

Good luck with finding an answer.

Posted by NealeG on 15/08/2012 19:32:27: Anybody out there experienced this problem with the Aurora 9. Intermittant fault that occurs ONLY when the transmitter is turned off. The display screen will momentarily switch back on with the following two messages displayed " loading data model memory data"/ "Saving model memory data" the display window then closes and seconds later the same two messages appear. Although this doesn't happen all the time once it starts it continues constantly until something???????? triggers it to stop. It even happens when I am charging the transmitter battery. Both Hitec USA and J Perkins Distribution have't experience this fault before. ?Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

. Aurora 9 - Off/On Switch problem? A9 Auto Saves (flash) each session's programming & trim changes on shutdown.
Allow time to complete task before switching on again.

Like all Laptops etc, removing battery and cycling switch on/off then replacing battery can provide a quick simple "fix'

. Aurora 9 - Transmitter On First - Off Last prevent failsafe and other errors.
. Aurora 9 - Startup Warning Alarms Disable / Enable Alarms and Model Match FAQ.

Much more information under Hitec Support Forum Sticky:

. Aurora 9, Spectra 2.4Ghz Module & Optima Transceiver
- FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Edited By A.T. on 15/08/2012 22:32:38

I have also had one experience of the same fault a blank screen when the set was turned on but never thought any more about it until encountered my present problem. It all seem to start after an unsuccessfull attempt to save/upload from the transmitter to the computer using the Hitec HPP-22 interface. During the process the message to "turn on the transmitter" was repeatedly displayed on my PC screen when infact the transmitter was turned on. I had no alternative but to exit the process by aborting the save/upload process. I wonder if this failed and abotive process is what is causing the my transmitter to keep referring back to the message "loading data model memory and saving model memory data".

Ken, thanks, sounds like a good idea I will try it when I get the transmitter back from the service dept at Perkins Distributions. Unfortuneately although they have it on test for over a week the fault hasn't occured. I guesss this is always the problem with intermittent faults, even though this has been happening with me since March/April this year, very frustrating!.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have the same message "Saving model memory data" flash up every time I switch off, but thought this was normal. It only happens once though. I am sure that you are not supposed to switch the Tx on whilst it is charging...this may be causing problems.

Keith

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The latest Aurora 9 tramsmitter update (version1.09) solves the problem and according to J Perkins I am the only person in the UK to have reported this problem. Having said that there was no explanation by either Hitec or J Perkins as to what had caused the problem.

Considering that Hitec have addressed the situation with an update it would be advisable for all Aurora 9 users do this update. Prior to the the the transmitter update you will also have to update your HP-22 interface.

Neale