Be honest, how good are you (at flying)?

• 3 months later...
Advert

I taught myself on slope soarers, back in 2000.........starting off on a Irvine Pixie, and ending up with an Acacia 2 F3F in 2007 !!!.

Since 2010 though, I've been into EP stuff.....and have a sweet selection of Warbirds, including a very rare JetSmart DH Vampire.

As a flyer, I feel I'm a fairly good one, within my abilities. Most of my mates shy away from doing maiden flights for "newbies".......but I like the challenge of them.

I alway let people see me fly, so they know I'm ok.......but I always warn them, that I'm not to blame if they've not set it up properly, and I lose a model.

Hi all

Iv'e put my self down as competent, I am happy with my flying but 3D flying is not my style .I like planes to look like and fly like real planes.

I like vintage and biplanes, I have a Kiel Kraft Ivory Gull and a DB Tinker that I still fly regularly which are both over 30yr old, so I must be doing something right.

Cheers

Roger

• 3 weeks later...

Crikey! Think I'm a bit between the "buddy box" learner and able to do simple aerobatics with an electric powered glider that I modifed myself. Also taught myself as there didbe anybody locally that was available a newbie. Was an entertaining process!! First flight lasted 10 seconds. Second flight 15 seconds... You get the idea!! Great fun!!

• 1 month later...