Futaba 6EX Mains Charger Failure

GaryG

Has anyone else had probs with the Ripmax branded charger that comes with the 6EX?

Mine will still charge the receiver battery pack but will not charge the transmitter.

The transmitter was only purchased in December 2011, surely the charger should last longer than 9 months.

Any help would be appreciated.

Advert

Gary - Yes I have! The charger appeared to not be charging the rx battery but on closer inspection I realised that it was but the led on the charger had gone very 'dim'. I suggest you check yours before replacing it in a dark room?

Mine is now about four years old and it went this way about 6 months ago....

Jon

Posted by CARPERFECT on 03/09/2012 21:23:34:

Got same problem with mine. which charger have you got ? mine has a part No P-FBC30D/4.My Tx led has stopped working.Upon checking the output voltage the Tx is 14.3v and the Rx is 14.6v

Hi, you will find that the voltage straight off the charger is about the same for the Tx output and the Rx output, as the charger needs to "see" a load, also have you noticed that the + ive and - ive are backwards when not connected to anything ie just the plug, on the voltmeter? this is normal .

Put a bulb or a small load across the lead and re-check the voltage and polarity and you will see it is all back to normal.

Regards

Chris C.

• 1 year later...

I'm confused. The charger supplied with the 6EX has two LEDs on switch on these both glow red. Fair enough, as this is as expected. At some point the LED for the RX batteries glows green, indicating it is charged. However, the TX charge LED remains red no matter how long it is left. Is this normal? It has always done this.