Adverts covering text again

Steve Houghton

I'm aware of the forum guidelines on posting links, photos and videos correctly to avoid the post being hidden by the adverts. However, there seems to be an increasing appearance of threads which don't have an obvious formatting issue and yet are still being hidden. These don't seem to receive any correction or comment from the (overworked!) mods.

Try this: Sending a new one skyward

What's the problem here, and is there another issue that we need to be aware of when posting?

Is it only a problem for some? I'm using Window XP with IE8.

Thanks.

Edited By Steve Houghton on 19/09/2012 12:51:37

Advert

No problem for me on that thread, using the Google Chrome browser.

If you are usng Internet Explorer 8 or 9 try using the Compatability view button that is in the address bar, it looks like a little piece of paper torn in half.

"In Compatibility View, websites will be displayed as if you were viewing them in a previous version of Internet Explorer, which will often correct display problems."

Either that or try using a decent web browser ! wink

Edited By WolstonFlyer on 19/09/2012 12:59:20

Hi Steve, I am glad it works for you. The problem with Internet Explorer is that Microsoft keep changing their mind as to what web "standards" they will use, sometimes they just invent their own interpretation. This causes us web developers all kinds of problems!

Other browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari etc seem to follow the published standards much more closely although they still have some slight variations.

Try Chrome or Firefox, you will see what I mean.