VQ Hurricane - re-cover and electrification

Simon B

Advert

Looking good Simon, I'm building one of these at the moment and found it to be a well built ARTF. Just a few minor tweeks to correct small errors in the manual but nothing too drastic. Biggest problem was with flap servo buzzing but I seem to have found a solution for that today. (at last) Photos of the before and after to follow soon on the VQ Hurricane thread.

I painted mine too as the look of the plane in the black and tan didn't do it justice. Look forward to seeing it finished. UM

• 2 months later...

Any news on the Hurricane as its been quite a while. Mine all done now except for the balancing. I had to go to the fishing shop to buy a massive sea lead weight, cut it up and now I just have to bolt it in place. I dont like adding weight but this one is a must to get anywhere near the CoG unfortunately.

Let us know how you are doing. UMM

I flew it a few weeks ago and it was a bit of a handful, so I dialled down the throws and took it out today. Something wasn't right and it took off, didn't have enough airspeed and tipstalled off to the left and nose first into the ground. It's probably repairable, but I can't decide if I want to bother yet. Most of the nose is a write off...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I used some detergent. Wasn't ideal, but it got a lot of it off. I didn't worry about getting it all off, as it was something else for the brown paper to stick to.

I've sold it now. The vicious tip stall worried me, so I decided to replace it with a second hand Nijhuis Hurricane.

• 6 years later...

I know this is a old thread but I hope there is still someone out there. Just got the VQ Hurricane 60 and got the Electrospeed Boost 60 pack from Hobby Plastic, which comprises off,

Electrospeed 5055/60 580kv Brushless outrunner and a XP2 80A SBEC ESC. With a APC 14X7 electric prop, on a Turnigy 4s 14.8v 3200mAh lipo, but a full throttle it seems a bit under powered and getting about 7300rpm with a tachometer. The motor and esc is what the is recommended so should be ok, or not. Your replies will be appreciated.