a bit confused

Im a bit confused ( it doesnt take a lot ) i`m thinking of buying a set of OPTIC 6 SPORT 2.4GHz AFHSS COMBO NIMH (M2). Bearing in mind that quite a lot of our american cousins include servos and rx`s in some of their foamies, would this tx bind to their rx`s, I think that their rx`s are Spekrums. Secondly, (please bear with me as i`ve had a 30 yr break from the hobby) i`ve noticed that some models use two servos for the ailerons so if you run a 6 channel tx that would be a problem as channel 5 & 6 are generaly switches. Can you link up the two aileron servos together with a Y lead so you can use the usual control on the tx and still have channel 5 & 6 spare for retracts & flaps etc. I hope this makes sense.

Edited By Peter Etherington 1 on 08/10/2012 22:22:11

Edited By Peter Etherington 1 on 08/10/2012 22:23:55

Im not massively sure on the first point. I would assume only certain rx's bind with certain tx's but don't take my word for it. As for the second point. You can use a Y-lead in the aileron socket but a lot of rx's support the use of the Aux channel as the second aileron control.

Peter,

Yes I'm afraid that generally the tx and rx need to be the same brand to bind, so Hitec transmitters cannot be used to drive Spektrum receivers and vice versa.

As to the aileron servos, yes they can be connected via a Y lead to a single channel - just be careful to have the servos mounted in mirror fashion to each other so that as one arm pulls the other pushes!

A spare channel can be used and then you can play with configurable aileron differential, or the use of flapperons - but for bog standard flying a Y lead works fine.

Edited By Colin Bernard on 08/10/2012 23:51:29

Hi Peter. Have a look here. It should give you a much more full understanding on the operation of the Optic 6.

I have an Aurora 9 and am delighted with all the Hitec gear quality and reliability. If you're only after Park Flyer range (300m) have a look at this. Its Hitec compatible an a snip at the price. I'm about to order one for myself.

Ian

Hi Peter!

Before You buy Sport, please have a look onto this thread - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1326580 and some links included there. Personally I think that difference in price is not noticeable, I do use Optic 6 and can recommend it - great radio at this price! IMHO the only advantage of Sport over Optic 6 is the black casecheeky ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page..

Regards
Tom

Peter generally anything coming as a bind n fly from the Horizon stable will be fitted with a Spektrum compatible Rx, Ripmax are also now doing some foamies which are compatible with Futaba FHSS, Multiplex with their M link.

But apart from the Parkszone/E Flite micromodels which have a single micro board with Rx, Esc and servos combined the larger models also come as a plug and play where you can use your own Rx.

Interestly Hitec in the US are now rebadging the Multiplex foamies (Both companies have the same owner and Multiplex radio is no longer imported into the US) and selling them complete with Hitec Rx's, but I've not seen those advertised in the UK yet.

Note at our field we have a couple of fliers you have bought a Spektrum transmitter in addition to their mainTx just so they can get the Parkzone, E Flite and Blade Bind n Fly models