Ashbourne Scale Day 2012

Ashbourne Scale day is a real treat every year, a chance to meet up with chums, and see some wonderful models. This event is fairly late in the season, but has in the past been blessed with good weather. Sunday started with a heavy fog, and some patches were very dense as i drove towards Ashbourne, but it thankfully burned off just after the pilots briefing. This year I could only manage the morning so concentrated on taking pics nd generally having a good old natter. The usual suspects were there, and Ian redshaw was showing off a new streamlined look! Gone were the dreads.....

Keith Pyrah was in attendance with his pilot Doug, and what a show they put on. Keith had brought along a 1/3 scale Piper Cherokee Archer and a 1/3 Luscombe. Keiths attention to detail was phenomenal, and I could have counted the rivets all day! If you get a chance to see these two up close, then take a long hard look. They flew in an extremely realistic manner too. A real treat.

It was my first sighting of Dennis Richardsons' Beaufighter, built from John Rason's plan,(converted to IC from electric) The model spans 100" and flies really well indeed. retract issues caused a forced landing on the soft grass, where little damage was done.

I will shut up now and let the models do the talking.

ashbourne scale day 2012 3483 (large).jpg

ashbourne scale day 2012 3497 (large).jpg

ashbourne scale day 2012 3510 (large).jpg

ashbourne scale day 2012 3512 (large).jpg

copy - ashbourne scale day 2012 3467 (large).jpg

more to follow....

Advert

Thanks Terry, most at f8 which is where my lens's sweet spot is. I haven't the investment in equipment that Alex has, so I think he is pretty safe wink 2

The lighting was awful, It looks bright and sunny, it was sunny but not bright, it was deceiving. Over exposed on top underexposed beneath, was tricky to get anything. I shot over 700 in just half a day to get very little in return. Not one shot that leapt out which was a shame, but thats how it goes.

Cheers

Danny