Which Electric Trainer

Tony

Advert

I'm also just starting back after quite a few "wildernest years" and I've gone for the Ben Buckle Junior 60 Electric. This seems to tick nearly ALL the right boxes, so to speak, providing you prefer BUILDING a proper model (part of the fun - me Thinks!)
Could anyone out there suggest the best power train combination for this particular aircraft, ie - Battery pack, motor, APC,and propeller size etc,etc.??

John.(Northampton)

Hi Tony.

TX wise I'd suggest perhaps a basic computer set such as the Futaba 6EXA or FF7 (7C) or perhaps the JR 2610. If money is no object then go for what you prefer. They all do the same thing except a more serious bit of kit will handle more complex models later on.

In terms of models themselves you could consider something from the Mulitplex line such as the easystar or twinstar, perhaps the easyglider - all fine for beginners although you'd need to join a club and get the model test flown by an instructor just to make sure everything is ok.

The YT Fledgling is a good electric trainer. go to www.ytinternational.co.uk to have a look.
We reviewed it in our 'special' issue last autumn.

Hope this helps

I too am returning to the hobby after years away. I recall before I 'gave up' that I considered a electric Junior 60, still am in fact. The original set up was (I think!) Speed 600, 3:1 gearbox, 12" prop and as big a battery as you can get in for duration versus weight. Probably a NiMh 3000. Good luck! Keep us posted!

Tony,
I would suggest the Multiplex MiniMag and the Futaba 6 EXA. This set up won't break the bank either. The MiniMag is made of Elapor which is a slightly rubbery foam that is resistant to rough handling and the odd arrival! It is also mildly aerobatic for when you feel the need to explore further.

• 1 month later...
I first got an Easystar and finally was able to fly it with some confidence but I wanted an aeroplane looking craft so I bought a Multiplex Pico Cub - amazingly simple to fly and slow enough to give you time to think about the next step - no crashes yet! I believe its discontinued now but I got mine in March from Inwood in Huntingdon so I expect there are a few about still.

• 1 month later...