Twin esc using two Rx channels

Stuart Trump

Many of you have replied to my previous thread re twin ESC using a Y lead.

I can confirm that cutting the middle lead on one esc made no differance as some suggested.

Can anyone guide thro. the set up for using two seperate RX channels with mixing to achieve simultan.start up.

My TX is a Futaba FF9

Stuart

Advert

The following link may help: it's from Futaba USA FAQ. It tells you how to set up 2 elevator channels, but the principle would be the same for two throttle channels. I would recommend you try it using 2 servos first, before you try 2 ESCs as it would be easier to see the effect of e.g. endpoint settings.

FAQ

The following may assist:

Aurora 9 - Trim Twin EP Motors (synchronise multi motors)

EP - How to Wire Twin EP Motors

Very few ESC/BEC may be paired without the positive lead of one being removed to avoid nasty surprises later. If desire to leave both leads connected so as to double the BEC output, don't. Scrap both red leads and use a separate switchmode regulator.

When there is a short lag between say two elevator servo, ESC etc, this is generally because RX ports to wide apart are being used. Always best to reassign both to channels beside each other on the receiver, e.g. 3&4 or 7&8 

Much more information available under:

Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links (quick search = Ctrl+F)

Alan Tong

Edited By A.T. on 05/11/2012 19:08:21