Denight Special

Advert

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

Im almost there Just finishing off the wings and should be ready for covering in Koverall.

Anyhow my problem is the undercarriage, I'm unablr to get through to Nexus Modelling in the UK, their phone keeps ringing out. Does anyone know of an alternate sourcethat would have the same U/C part.

Regards Jim,

Dublin

bob cotsford wrote (see)
now this would be something - if Peter could produce a few more Goodyear racer types to the same scale, and RCM&E held a fly-in for them!

yes!!!!

That would look so awesome seeing all the different ones lined up together!!!

im building a miss demeanor and i think my dad is gonna build an electric one in the opposite colours! 

Hi all,

My Denight had her first flight today. She few really well. The slippery design makes landings interesting as she goes on and on. I only flew once as I had a couple of glitches that need to be investigated.

Picutures and video were taken which I will upload once I have them.

STATS:

Weight 4 1/4 lb

CoG at the forward position on plan

SC 36 engine

Now what to build next. Thinks its going to be the Hurricane from the special issue.

Thanks Peter for a great little aircraft.

Regards,

John

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Hi all, I'm about to fit the Ailerons and wing together on my Denight Special. Instead of using the bellcrank system shown in the plans, I'm looking at using micro servos on each side,however, I'm unsure of the torque size I would require to drive the Aileron. Instead of trying to work out all the calculactions etc, is there a rule of  thumb that can be applied or Is this something I need worry about on this model. Any constructive advice would be appreciated, Ref: sites for servos etc.

Regards Jim ,

Dublin.

These days there are a lot of small servos that have as much torque as a standard servo.

I would suggest that you use metal geared micro servos as knocking an aileron can strip a gear and ruin a days flying. I buy mine from Storm_trade on Ebay. The sell singles twos, threes and fours with savings for the higher numbers.

I have just used four in my latest model for ailerons and flaps and will be using four more in my current project.

• 3 weeks later...