Luna 2 Build

I have just bought a Luna 2, my first moulded glider so I will probably be seeking help yjrough the forum soon.

Got the Luna from T9 Hobby Sport (very helpful and prompt, even returned phone calls - almost unheard of service these days and they say on the web site what they have in stock!). Bought the servos and wiring loom at the same time, plus some clevis and threaded rods.

The Luna doesn't come wih a ballast tube, so I have also sourced some carbon fibre sleeve and laminating resin from Bucks composites (excellent quick service from them too) and am going to make the tube up on the brass rod which will be cut up for the ballast slugs later. The rod has been sleeved with some rolled paper and masking tape and will be further covered with cling film before lamiantion, so hopefully I will be able to get the rod out again! The cling film should let me get the paper and tape back out and that will leave some clearance round the slugs in the tube.

Tackling the ballast tube first lets me put off the task of cutting slots in the beautiful wing to install the servos

Will add some pics when I have worked out how

Advert

Posted by David Ashby - RCME on 21/11/2012 14:15:31:

Just upload low-res pics to a new album (use the 'my photos' section of the 'my account' pod) and then you can drop them into the thread from the album.

Actually, I meant, 'how I am going to cut the slots in the beautiful wings accurately and neatly' nerd

Also, for 'yjrough' read 'through' and for 'lamiantion' read 'lamination'. Too idle to spell check as well as not finishing sentences.

Laminated one layer of carbon sleeve this morning. Took quite a bit of fiddling to get the sleeve over the rod plus paper and tape sleeve and the cling film. Now will leave it 24 hours before I try to get it off the rod. Is one layer of carbon going to be enough? Ballast will weigh about 660 grams in total, in 5 slugs

• 2 months later...