Micro Boomerang radio re-fit?

Advert

i got one of these a few weeks back from merlin innovations. converted it in an hour and a half then managed to lose it in the rafters of the gym we use for indoor flying. the wing caught and then seperated catapulting the fuse up onto a large radiator panel 7m up. awaiting word on getting it back from the school staff...

when dealing with anything small weight is your enemy. look at quoted weights for parts. lots of good info on rc groups indoor section.

to convert it i used a DelTang DT receiver **LINK** which is dsm2 capable rx35 i think i had. i used it with some small linear servos, like these **LINK** i checked the fitment type and made sure the rx had the correct plugs for the servo's. just check the polarity and signal wirse are the same on the rx as your servo before you connect up. i need to swap mine about it takes 2min with a sharp blade.

the servos are ok and do the job but not as refined as the spektrum ones. they are identical to the ones that hobbyking stock. you could go for the 1.7g(or similar) rotational servos HK do. weight is similar and they will do the job with ease. **LINK**

if you go direct to DT he can solder on battery/motor wires for minimal cost. this gives a 2amp internal brushed esc + 6 other channels for use. this will cope with the parkzone um mustang motor. the rx can also be used to run brushless with an external esc so beast motors etc can be used. to run the boomerang motor i just needed to solder a motor connector onto the wires of the motor. DT or micron will have these.

i went for this option as the rx can easily be changed between planes without too much trouble. the spektrum ar6400 bricks are expensive new and 2nd hand prices are strong. i've seen them go for £35+ with 2 additional servo's and a motor. bonkers... if you can get one cheap then go for it.

there are some clone ar6400 available from targethobby.com($24) but shipping is quite high so worth ordering multiples. i have noticed a few of these cropping up on ebay in the uk for about £22. reviews seem to be ok on them with no reported issues. **LINK**

i just hope i can get my fuselage and dt down from the rafters soon!