DSC wiring for JR Radio

Doug Ireland

The lead just bypasses the RF module and allows operation without the danger of interference to other models.
Just plug the DSC cable into the tr trainer / DSC socket and the other end into the receiver’s 3 way power / charge/ switch lead charge socket. The tr screen will light but no RF will be transmitted. DO NOT TURN ON THE TR but DO turn the "receiver switch" ON
It'll only operate with the "Deluxe Switch harness, JRC498 Heavy Duty Switch harness. These switch harnesses include the orange signal wire, as well as the brown and red ones. HTH

• 15 years later...

Welcome Tony

I can't answer directly but McGregor/Hobbyplastic still list one DSC lead:

https://www.hobbyplastic.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=523&products_id=821&zenid=025s3vgsupiotcpmfrvuuitdr0

If that is not the correct one it may still be worth contacting McGregor/Hobbyplastic. A few years ago I sent them a JR Gyro for repair with a damaged case. It was obsolete at the time and I asked them to scrap it if they did not have the appropriate spare. They fixed it (I think for free, maybe a nominal charge, I can't remember) & sent it back saying they had cannibalised one they had found in their 'bits' box. That box may just have a DSC lead!