Ebay being flooded with LX Mig 29 rtf kits

Bas La Bois

Advert

Hi all,

I was informed of these models by my brother in law as he had stumbled across them and thought I would be interested. I took a punt on a couple at £30 a bid and won one. This was to be the only good news. As the days went by I became more and more suspicious, eventually seeing the first negative feedbacks roll in. I immediately opened a case through PayPal as eBay wouldn't allow one to be opened until the earliest date for delivery of the item. As suspected, the seller had logged into his disputes (confirmed by discussion with PayPal agent) and insisted that the goods are returned. Knowing full well how much it would cost to send back to china, PLUS the fact that they would not accept the returned packet at the other end, I have just contacted PayPal by phone to discuss the dispute and after they listened to my case, including insisting they read the feedback that is being left, they have immediately refunded my payment and passed the case details to their fraud department.

I would advise anyone who has been ripped off with this scam to do the same, do not get caught up in the loop of seller says return, please provide tracking information, PayPal is reviewing this case etc. get on the phone and get it sorted before it is too late.

Happy new year to one and all

Tom.

Tom,

Thanks for the information, I think a call to PayPal is going to made fairly soonish as I'm getting nowhere with eBay at the moment.

Paul.

Just spoke to paypal and they have put me back through to eBay as I have opened a dispute and they cant deal with me now..........

I think this is going to be a long winded one....

Edited By Paul Wickham 1 on 31/12/2012 16:17:22

Thanks tommytenkids

Phoned Paypal as per your mention and they have also reversed the payment for me

People, Paypal are able to check the tracking numbers and can confirm if they are valid or not, the scammers are using fake tracking numbers

Dont wait for the ebay cases to work i.e wait for 30 days etc...

Hello Andy in Kent

I see in your screenshot that you paid £170 for your unsupplied kit. Which seller was this with as I didn't see any others getting this high a price especially at such a late date.

By the way wellcome to the forum. What area of rc flying are you interested in? You seem to have forgotten to give any profile details.

Posted by Bas La Bois on 01/01/2013 07:56:52:

Hello Andy in Kent

I see in your screenshot that you paid £170 for your unsupplied kit. Which seller was this with as I didn't see any others getting this high a price especially at such a late date.

By the way wellcome to the forum. What area of rc flying are you interested in? You seem to have forgotten to give any profile details.

Hi ya, all mine was from niuroumian55 (account now closed down). The reason the money was high was I down to me winning 5 auctions :P

I fly both fixedwing and helis :D

I see that 'honghong98720' has started selling Lanxiang RTF kits in a continuation of the Christmas scam and yet there are still people bidding on them. Also the ebay seller 'ayiyang' is still a registered user and yet has scammed loads of buyers with fake Wii consoles. The negative feedback for 'dehau445' is starting to roll in from buyers of other fake products as well. Still a registered ebay user.

This could be an ongoing problem unless ebay does something to police its criminal users.

Latest update on the lone RC kit scammer.

'honghong98720; has ceased selling the Lanxiang kits but has re-emerged under a new name, 'jianjunjian2013'. The same mo, listing of five different kits and the theft of Banana Hobby advertising media. I will send a link to Banana Hobby in the US.

• 2 weeks later...

Just for general information.

The ebay scammer that went under the names of 'honghong98720' and 'jianjunjian2013' has now reemerged from its rock under the name of '2013yaoyaobingbing'. Exactly the same mo, lists five kitsusing Banana hobby photos, then dissappears.

I have reported the first false identity to ebay but it seems that little was done about it. The name is still active although not scamming at the moment.

As a point of interest did everyone that paid for one of the nonexistant kits get reimbused by Paypal?

Over on another forum several people have mentioned getting refunds. Some had received earrings or bags of glitter instead of the Mig. Two mentioned rather bizarrely receiving old, rare, valuable foreign coins (eg. US silver dollars). Or at least they would have been old, rare and valuable if they hadn't been fakes!

Out of curiosity, how can you tell that the same scammers have reappeared under different names? (Or would you have to shoot us if you told us!)

That seems to be the latest mo. Sell five different kits using Banana Hobby advertising media and then disappear. Then reappear under a new false ebay name. How anyone can bid on a high value item when the seller has no feedback; I just can't comprehend. Wishfull thinking I suppose.

The new scammers name is:

zhongxingeng13

It is definately the same person as previously outed. Definately DO NOT BID ON THESE KITS you will be conned. Ebay ownes PayPal so neither are interested in making a fuss as it will hurt their business to clean it up. PayPal pretends to be an online Bank but it isn't and doesn't have financial protection that high street banks offer. They would rather support their criminal clients and let us take the fall. Whether you get your money back or not is up to the discretion of PayPal but is less likely where a scam is involved. Do your research before you buy as you are not really protected from the criminal vermin that infest ebay.

There are a lot of honest ebayers out there but..... if it looks too good to e true then IT IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.