Ebay being flooded with LX Mig 29 rtf kits

Bas La Bois

Advert

Posted by Pete B on 27/12/2012 09:54:34:

I've just checked Ebay this morning and all my seller's listings have disappeared, so I'll not be expecting a big box anytime soon - just as well I haven't paid anything! They are still being listed by yuner2012, though.

Pete

Pete, could it be (being charitable towards the seller!) that all his listing have simply ended? Or have they been cancelled by the seller or ebay? I know he had a lot listed, but don't know how long they were due to run.

If you search on Ebay for Hot Mig-29 you will now find only 15 items, each with a letter/number code in the same series and therefore I think all from Yuner2012. Ebay have removed the others.

If you change the search just for Completed Listings then you see 304 results. Those 2 numbers total 319. This is well down on the similar total of a couple of days ago: 429. So it looks like Ebay has removed many, following my report to them using your data. If you look at the Completed LIstings then ALL of them are marked Sold, so my guess is that they removed ALL the Unsold ones except those from Yuner2012.

I can't guess why his are still there. I have drawn this to Ebay Honghong's attention too.

John

Good work contacting ebay Honh Kong. I hope its having a good effect as the scammers will just ruin ebay for everyone if it becomes infested with criminal sellers.

However there are still four sellers on ebay with Lang Xiang kits for sale:

ayiyang,

yuguoq,

yuner2012,

honghong9872012

plus high value diecast model cars and Wii Consoles. They've been using faked feedbacks to instill confidence in the sellers' will to deliver. Same mo, same previous low value goods except the last one who only has 1 feedback score. Grasping at straws I think.

I don't know what it's worth but there is:

Shenzhen Lanxiang Model Aircraft Co., Ltd here . Note the link to Banana Hobby at the bottom of the page. Perhap sthey can throw some light on the situation?

Also, I knew of a social network a few years ago without any spam protection that had to close because spam from users @163.com made it impossible for the forum to continue to function. Most of these "posts" were actually "click through" adverts that were total gibberish to read.

Edited By Ian Jones on 27/12/2012 17:21:39

Hi Guys,

I too thought this too good to be true but thought I would have a stab as I had "paypal protection"......

Package turned up today with the same tracking number on it........

Fitted in the palm of my hand and I dont think the Earrings will suit meembarrassed

All my sellers listings have now disappeared and some have left feedback stating the same. I have opened an ebay resolution thingy but think I will just stick a claim in with paypal.

Live and learn, live and learn....

yuner2012 items being removed now, this has just updated in my purchase history, it was still there 25 mins ago!!!

(321044907262)

Sale date: 27/12/12
Tracking number: --
This listing was removed by eBay. If you've already paid for the item, we recommend that you wait 10 days from the expected delivery date to see if the item arrives. If you did not pay, you are no longer obliged to pay for this item. If you have a problem with the purchase, you can resolve the problem by opening a case in our Resolution Centre.

There is still one seller left who has five Lanxiang kits for sale currently between £200 and £300. However this seller has only 1 feedback score and this was for some boxer shorts. I can't believe that people will take such a chance on what is very likely another scam. I'm surprised ebay hasn't pulled this one aswell.

The seller is: honghong9872012

In one way they have done you a favour by sending a small pack of glitter. PayPal will insist that you return the item to the seller before they will give you a refund. I once bought a 3D 2.4GHz heli from a Chinese seller, but received a cheap 27MHz contra-rotating toy. It cost me over £40 to send it back to China (and the seller had moved on anyway!).

As Andy above has pointed out beware of ebay seller: lihongli999 looks like another scammer and with no feedback (registered 23-12-12), but some people are still bidding on these items.

Also found a new seller. Same kits for £9.99 + p&p. Seller is : dehua445 (registered 7-4-12). This is very likely one of the previous sellers under a new false identity. Not even woth a punt!

I've kept bookmarked links to the previous sellers feedback scores. The negative scores are now flooding in. Also looks like a lot of people were caught out buying Wii Consoles; some for £100+. Very sad as that'll be the kids presents.

Oh sorry Chris, I will go have a look right now angel 2

Seems the whole rc community are becoming aware of these possible scammers and ebay have been in touch with me (I gave them a whole load of evidence (I am a computer engineer and coder))

Ebay need to close this loop-hole (tracking codes stop us from opening cases) as they will end up losing loads of money and regular customers.

I feel sorry for the pore people who are not cluded up and have lost money and even worse, one feedback i have seen about breaking some guys kid's heart for xmas

Its important to support our hobby and love of all things rc, by giving others a heads up you guys have saved lots of pain and worry, pat on back from me

I have been keeping an eye on ebay since all this has kicked off and I have been reporting them as they come up and they have mostly been removed.

Ebay have said I have to wait 8 days till they will step in and make a decision, I can see this ending bad for me as I have already been told I need to return the "earrings" to get my refund....... Prob cost more than my refund to return them and they will prob never reach there destination so no refund anyway???

Im sure ebay must have 100's of complaints all about the same items/sellers etc....

Posted by Bas La Bois on 30/12/2012 07:50:41:

dehau445 has now ceased selling but has started a new fake identity as :zhuliangbo8899. Zero feedback and ebay registered 28-12-12. Exactly the same listings.

I have been contacted by Banana Hobby in the US who are looking into ebayers illegally using their advertising media

Well done thumbs up

Paul

I phoned Paypal about two weeks ago to bring this scam to their attention and although they didn't seem very bothered about it occuring, they did assure me that anyone caught by the scammers would be protected and receive their money back once they'd gone through the claim process.

If the process is different if you actually receive something i.e. plastic earrings then the obvious answer is to refuse delivery of the unsolicited goods and make the post office send them back. You don't have to prove that you didn't receive the wrong goods; the seller has to prove that you signed for and took possesion of the bought goods.

My advice is to make a claim to Paypal. They are usually very reasonable to deal with as a buyer.