logging- on

Barrie Dav 2

Advert

Never happend before Terry. I've now got a persecution complex..............

Yup, we had a good Christmas thanks. Went out to eat at a little restaurant in the countryside - fabulous! No washing-up either. Hope you had a good time too and do have some posh landings in 2013

Yes it's pouring with rain here. Oh! as I write, the sun has appeared. Come and live in sunny Brittany Terry.

Barrie

Barrie - have you got your browser set to accept cookies from this site? If not that would explain why you need to log on everytime.

There was a change in the law recently which requires sites such as this to ask your permission to place cookies on your machine - previously sites could just do it, sites such as this "sort of" asked your permission by means of you having to actively click the "remember me" box. But the new law's not having any of that! Now you have to give informed positive consent!

As I say this all happened recently and at the time banners appeared at the top of the site asking you if you were happy to accept cookies from this site. The default has to be that they are not sent to your computer - in order to comply with the law. If you haven't been on here for a little while you may be falling foul of that. So, just check if you are receiving cookies from this site.

BEB

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 27/12/2012 10:08:11

Nearly all the time I remain logged-on without having to actually log-in each time I switch the PC on and go to this site. Once in a while (but not recently) the site comes up with me not logged-in. There's never been any pattern to it that I could detect though!

One thing that does make a difference though, is that if you log-on with a different PC (maybe a laptop or your phone?) then it logs you off the other one.

BEB, I doubt it's the cookie law, as that came in 7 months ago and though this site was a little late getting its banner in place it was only a matter of a few days... It could of course be that Barrie has cleared his cookies (or some security s/ware he runs has) and has got the cookie banner again and answered no. If that is the case though he'd presumably get the banner every time - one of the reasons the new law is somewhat daft and pointless (if you answer 'no' then it can't set a cookie to remember that answer, so has to pop up and ask you every time!)

Edited By John Privett on 27/12/2012 10:31:33

• 3 months later...

Re logging on problem with apple products: If I log on to either my ipad or iPhone, I'm automatically logged off the other. There's a well known American forum that allows both to be logged on simultaneously so why can't this site do the same please?

Bill, it's not just Apple products.

If you're logged-on with any device and then log-on on a second one, the first one will always be logged-off. It's just one of the quirks and idiosyncrasies this forum (and I mean the software!) has. Gradually some of the worst ones get fixed...

Edited By John Privett on 24/04/2013 18:26:22