Anybody been flying today 1/1/13?

Mark a

The gap in the rain was too good an oportunity for me to turn down today, so took the Acro Wot and the new Stinger EDF over to the flats.

Had a pleasant three flights on the Acro, I've fiddled with the throttle trim and have a slower idle now which helps a bit in getting her down, could do with a bit more fiddling though, she just wants to float on and on!

I decided it was time to maiden the xmas present from SWMBO, a HK Stinger EDF. Rather irritatingly, I fluffed the first launch and had her go nose in, at which point the nose snapped clean off! A second firmer launch had her away with a short stump of a nose but she still flew beautifully. Had 3 more flights, all of which left me with a big grin on my face smile d

Advert

Went out this morning with the modified Webbit and the Astro Hog. Very breezy and the field was very muddy so I settled for a couple of flights with the Webbit and called it a day. Still good fun and no damage which is always a bonus in difficult conditions.

Martyn

Yup - only one at the field, which is just starting to dry out. Had two flights with Sharkface, and maidened my replacement HK Predator UAV (it was a bit windy for that one!). Broke the prop on Sharky on the second landing, realised I didn't have my spares box with me, so headed home!

Wet and windy in my neck o't woods.............. sad

Restricted to flying my mcpx around the xmas tree. Fun until I wondered what it's be like in the semi-dark, lit by the xmas tree lights and the blue lights of the control board reflecting off the inside of the silver canopy. Broken tail boom, broken fin .......... sadsad

Fixed now with solid carbon rod boom, but much scruifier with the wires to tail motor outside the tail boom, and no fin. Flies OK though smiley

GG