Hubsan X4 Quadcopter - Calibration

Dave Bran

Right i put it back on charge ... the red light come on to say it was charging .. now the light has gone off ( manual says that means its charged )

Controller on first ... just showing a full battery sign

X4 on next ... flashing blue lights

Damn this is annoying

Advert

Hmmm.

In that case try this:

Turn on the TX first (you should get a blank screen and slow red flashing light on the TX).

Then power up X4.... TX should beep once to confirm bind and TX screen should now display throttle value (eg 0 if throttle is all the way down)

This is normally what happens on mine when I switch it on.

When i turn on TX .. i get the blank screen but the LED is doing nothing ... if i press and hold down a button it starts to flash its a 1,2 ... then a pause then 1,2

and either way of it when i turn on the X4 .. nothing happens on the TX

I could do a little youtube video showing?

When I just switch my TX on I get the little battery level meter in the top left of the LCD with 5 bars displayed, just to the right of that a small Hubsan logo and the red LED does a steady flash on - off

I don't have to press any of the trim buttons to make the LED flash.

Just seen your video.

It looks to me like the transmitter is not working properly. As soon as I turn mine on the Hubsan logo appears and the red LED starts to flash.

I think the blue lights on the x4 are flashing like that because it cannot find a TX to bind with.

Try this:

Press and hold the throttle(left) stick in and then turn on the transmitter. You should see all the icons in the LCD on and the number 188. Release the throttle stick then power off the TX.

Does that work?

Edited By WolstonFlyer on 08/05/2013 14:27:16

Is this a brand new x4? Has it ever worked properly?

Ok so the TX does go onto calibration mode (showing 188 on the screen) but it does not seem to be switching on normally.

I think there may be something wrong with the TX.

On my TX, as soon as you switch it on the red LED starts to flash, then when plugging in the X4 the TX beeps once and "00" displays on the LED to indicate throttle position.

If the Tx is faulty you should get a replacement from where you bought it from. If, for some reason, you can't get a replacement I have a spare Tx from when I had a fly-away (don't ask me howsad). You can have it for the cost of the postage. Hope this helps. teeth 2

I arm my quad by plugging the battery into the quad first. The blue lights flash alternately. I then switch on the Tx with the throttle up and get a beep. Pulling the throttle down then arms the quad.

Only mode i got at all is calibration mode and well it still wotn pair up with the damn thing =[

i am talking to the seller and just had this reply

"Thanks for your mail.

Could you please have a try in the flat floor? A video to show this problem will be highly appreciated ,you can publish it to www.youtube.com and give us the link.So that we can understand the problem better and solve it for you.

Please do not worry, we will be here for you until the problem resolved.

Lovely day!

Doris"

I dont know many chinese called Doris myself .. but i have sent them the link to my youtube .. so i shall see

Edited By Lee James on 08/05/2013 15:10:06

Posted by Tony Read 2 on 08/05/2013 15:14:03:

Sounds positive! But if nothing happens you can have mine.

Thank you =]

i am now that annoyed i am looking into Buy a Ready to fly Teslaquad, just sorting out what else i would need to get going with the guy who makes them =]

Posted by Tony Read 2 on 08/05/2013 15:32:49:

I'm building a Teslaquad! Just got my motors and ESC's this week. I can tell you that Chris goes well out of his way to be helpful. Top bloke!thumbs up

Tell him hi from Tony (Augerin)

Edited By Tony Read 2 on 08/05/2013 15:34:20

It was as of your thread i found him =] i just not so confident to build my own yet, he is advising me on with TX to get and batterys .. and he is very helpful so far, next time i message i will doo

Posted by WolstonFlyer on 08/05/2013 16:28:50:
The video upload took ages from my phone.

This is what my X4 does when I switch it on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nspjMpPeWY

that is so easy .. where as i spent the past day goign crazy haha, i defiantly think my TX is goosed =[

• 1 month later...

Just got my awaited x4 quadcopter, and got myself in a bit of a muddle, really need some help. Got confused with the bind and calibration and transmitter reset, and now the thing wont fly at all, blades dont eventurn, and to get onto expert mode I have to now push left stick down I stead of right.I need to restart everything from the beginning and hope someone out there can give me a srepby step. Thanks peoples

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 14/06/2013 11:13:35

Hi Ricky, welcome to the forum!

I've looked hard on the WWW but cant find the symptoms you describe. What happens if you plug the battery into the X4 without the TX on? Do the lights alternately flash?

At the moment I can only suggest the following:

1. Make sure the X4 battery is charged.

2. Make sure that the throttle equals zero when the throttle stick is in its lowest position, otherwise you may have problems binding.

3. Set all the trims to zero.

4. Make sure the dual rates are OK, I think the defaults are 50% in the easy mode and 100% in expert.

5. Try re-setting the accelerometers (the stick wiggle thing).

6. Put a post on the RC groups site as they get quite a few hits.

7. If all else fails try to contact the importer/distributor to see if there is a known fix.

I'm miffed that I cannot really help with your problem, and I really hope you get it sorted.

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 14/06/2013 11:13:50