New Spektrum AS3X Receiver

Last year, apart from being very wet, was also spoilt by fine days which were too windy or gusty to fly without risking damage, especially on landing, so for a while I have been considering buying the EagleTree Guardian flight stabiliser as a gizmo which might make it possible to fly comfortably in stronger winds (10mph+) than I am comfortable with.

But I've just noticed this new AS3X Spektrum Receiver which looks as though it might do the job nicely as all my models are electric and under 2Kg.

I'd be interested in anyone who has experience of flight stabilisers to help in strong winds, and especially if anyone has tried this out.

And how about an early review in RCM&E David?

Advert

Hi RW, i have just bought the Orange 3axis V2 flight stabiliser. hoping to fit in something when weather improves a lil bit. Just looked at the price, seems a little expensive at RRP of £79.99 and wondering how good it will be as its acting as a rx and stab system, hope programming is all sorted. And the specs seem to say you cant use it in anything over .90 IC...so its a full range rx but has limitations on it, or is the limitations just as a stab system or as a rx system or mix of mix.

Sure RCME will do a full review of it (hopefully)

Posted by Romeo Whisky on 08/01/2013 10:31:21:

I'd be interested in anyone who has experience of flight stabilisers to help in strong winds, and especially if anyone has tried this out.

There is a thread here which may give you an idea of forumites experiences, RW. I've got a couple installed in various models and they distinctly improve the handling in wind and generally smooth my flying out in normal conditionsteeth 2

If you're committed to Spekky gear, there's clearly a price premium over the Orange and Eagle A3 stabilisers, though. They've been fine for methumbs up

Pete