A new ARTF design from Chris Foss

Michael Hickman

Advert

• 2 weeks later...
I have seen one, looks nice, but didn't buy as I bought a David Smiths Models Merlin (mine has solid wings in a different colour scheme) at the club aution on friday (£10, without rx servos & engine). The reason I was given for the delay is that Chris Foss was unhappy with the order of the colours (yellow & orange transposed, if I remember correctly).

• 2 weeks later...

Im still grappling with the financial implications of a UK kit producer endorsing/licensing his own design to be retailed in a finished ARTF form at the same or lower price as his own build it yourself version!

Is it me?............................

hi every one         i have just got one from biggin hill models the spinner was missing in my kit put irvine 53   2 st in not flown yet  weather not good   let you all know when i do  

john

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, the 2 red discs are for replacing the skid at the rear if you use the tricycle undercarriage.

I think there is a misprint on the box about the spinner being included. If you look through the instructions, the spinner is not mentioned at all. Also, the photos of the model would of had a spinner fitted to it. The model has a nut spinner fitted to the engine, this would not be in the kit as you have to get the right one to suit the engine you are planning to use.

Built one about two wweks ago.

No problemswith anything in the kit. Only Issue was first off not gluing the wing halfs . They kept separating and straining the aeleron linkage to the single servo. Eventually did a traditional glue job on it.

Put an old OS45 up front and did have toadd quite a bit of weight to tail to get it to the suggested balance point( see my separate blog on this forum) Would be interested to hear if anyone else is having to add weight.

All I need is for the Rain/Snow/Wind to ease and see how it flys. One of these days!!!!!

I'm also interested in how the cost of a pre-built kit is less than a box of wood?

So, does this raise the question about RC Modellers supporting child slavery or what!!

Don't know where Chris Foss sources his kits from, would be interested to hear.

I've now been flying for 3 seasons and have built 2 Wot 4s as well as finished a number of ARTFs and I have to say, when its a 100m away up in the blue(Thats the joke, should be grey) its hard to tell whats different.

I look at it as two aspects of the hobby and would rather spend my time building something that interests me more and let the ARTFs do the majority of the flying. I'm currently building a Flair Harvard kit and finding that eminently more satisfying that the Wot 4. Doubt if it will fly as well though.