Giant Limit EX sloper, opinions please.....

Advert

im working on a bigger "sort of" limit Ex too, (scaled up and stretched the span a wee bit, to 98cm, took a bit of depth away from the fuz as it started looking quite beefy, went for RG15 section, made the nose a touch longer) , so err, not at all like the original.. but production stopped as I am contemplating how to make my first home made hot wire cutter, and source all the bits, might just do a built up balsa version instead -for the sake of one wing its more involved than expected making a hot wire cutter and templates and learning the technique to get smooth cuts.

Stopped building when my typhoon turned up and ive also got a hyperflight speed-e to build for the summer (aka ostflieger stella), also fancy making a wingbat or pzazz (stan yeo's plans)

What wing section did you use - as per plan or something else ?

just out of curiosity has anyone ever electrified one of these ?

Edited By twinstar on 15/01/2013 22:11:37

hey twinstar

The limit is twice size of the original. The wing was made as per the original but i used two hard wood spars making a d box, didnt want to deviate from. the plan as the original flys so well . the wing is fully skinned and is bloody strong and easy to build once the ribs were cut out

I .think foam would be heavier due to the thickness of the cord.

i got a typhoon,they are the lick, ballasted up in a good blow it howls and has no nasty vices

• 2 weeks later...

ISA members built many Limits during 2010-12.

To be successful you need to build it light. as near to 6oz as possible.(for standard EX)

the best ones have more wing. the fuz can be signicantly slimmed down, this gives a lot nore wing as does the obvious of building a larger wing! an extra 2" can make all the difference, allegedly!wink

Mine was heavy and flew well straight and levell but wouldn't climb! Lifting the nose caused the inevitable tale of speed reducing, tipstall , dive into ground from height with no recovery possible.

One of the ISA members has Electrickery upfront, so yes it has been done. ( Limit EL).

conventional tail is easier to build than V tail.

Edited By andy harrold on 26/01/2013 10:05:45