Help needed with Benedini sound system, please

I've just bought a Benedini sound system -- TBS Mini sound board, 2x40W amplifier, and 2x 4" speaker. The system is pre-loaded with a Fokker D7 engine sound, as requested.

My problem is I can't get it to run, and I'm confused by some of the instructions. When I try to teach the sound unit my throttle stick positions, as per the instruction leaflet, it seems to go through the correct process, except the green light reverts to fast flashing after I've done the full-throttle position and got the three beeps.

What I've done is connect it up exactly as shown in the leaflet that came with it -- sound board LS plug to amplifier, sound board PROP1 plug to receiver throttle channel, sound board second PROP1 plug to ESC, and amplifier powered by its own 3S A123 pack.

I want to have engine noise activated by throttle stick, and machine gun activated by a switch. The leaflet says my sound board is in "direct soundselection (Prop2)" mode. Does that mean, in fact, that my throttle connection should be in PROP2 to make it work?
(The other options in the leaflet, unchecked in my case, are "encoder (Prop3)" and "indirect soundselection (Prop3)"; no mention of Prop1, which is where the leaflet shows the receiver throttle connection.)

I've emailed the vendor, but no reply yet, even though he was very quick to reply when I was ordering

So, can anyone give me a step-by-step guide how they've got their Benedini system working, please?

To be fair to Thomas Benedini, he's responded to my email today. Seems like I have to connect a 3-position switched channel from my receiver to PROP2, as well as the throttle channel to PROP1. Seems like the throttle won't control the engine sound until the engine's been started using the switch -- makes sense, but it isn't spelled out in the manual.

I'll be trying it out tomorrow when I can get into the workshop.

Sorry just seen your post Allan, I have a couple of TBS units. I had a similar problem with one of mine and it turned out I was using too low a voltage supply.....

But yes it needs to be connected via a three position switch, bit annoying on my JR 9XII set as thats the one switch that can support flight modes crook

Glad you resolved your problem

Cheers

Danny