Hitec Aurora

Chris  Channon

Advert

Not sure what your trying to acheive here but maplins or anyother electronics supplier will sell you the plug that you need.

If your using a lipo do make sure you keep a very keen eye on everything, if it does go up in flames think how quickly surrounding furnishings could catch fire.

Much better to pull a lipo out and charge in a bag.

HTH,

Ian

I took my Aurora into Maplins to try and buy the charge plug without success. The plug was too small for anything they had. However, when I asked at the model shop they quickly got me a little plug from Perkins. it plugs in the back of the TX and has a hole ready for a more normal Futaba sized plug. iIt was about £3.

To Keith,

As long as the transmitter is not switched on it should be ok. However there will be no way to balance charge probably not able to cycle or discharge the lipo, and of course there is always a risk of the lipo catching fire, it's pretty rare but can happen.

I have an aurora and have tried lipos but I prefer the nimh pack that came with it, charge it over night and lasts most of the day, then swap it out for another nimh.

Ian

Posted by Chris Channon on 24/01/2013 17:34:39:

Hi all, anyone know where i can get a charge lead for the Aurora tx from?
I have the wall charger it came with but i would like a lead so i can fast charge it,
it is a lot smaller than a norman lead.Thank youChris C

From Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, AFHSS Spectra Modules, Optima Transceivers, Minima Receivers
& Telemetry
- FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips.

. Aurora 9 - Lipo & Field Fast Charging. includes Fast Charge Aurora, Eclipse 7 & 7 Pro, Flash 4 & 5, Laser, Optic 6, Optic 5, Lite 4, Prism 7 etc.

Page also provides details of the Kyocera Mini Elmec plug and photo of the external charge lead that should be available from your LHS (via Perkins in need) togethr with photos of suggested use of a JST type plug & socket for easier access. In need, a JST plug fits the pins of the TX socket.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Brill, thanks all, thank you A.T.

John C, it is quite safe to charge the nimh battery in the Tx, normally we fast charge these at about .9 to 1.0 amp well within the safe limits of both the battery and the Tx charger socket wireing etc.

Don't think it would be a good plan to fast charge a Li-Po in situ, but then i find that the standard nimh battery gives plenty of flight time, i just need a plug to charge the Tx when i forget to charge it overnight ( age thingy )

Thanks again all

regards

Chris C.

i have a A9 also.......i've read and was told also that fast charging through the TX socket was not allowed as some electrinic in line device in the TX stopped the fast charger knowing when the batt was fully charged...so it just kept on charging.....until.... kulou .....interesting to hear of other people's experience...... for info ....the standard nimh last for 5 hours and a lipo for 11 hours according to the Hitec manual/web site....

ken anderson...ne..1 ....sparks dept/not...

Apparently there's a diode in the charging circuit that stops peak detection working properly. I put a 2600mah 2s Lipo in mine and remove it for charging. The elapsed time was reset when it went in and currently stands at 14 hours odd and it still reads 40%. One nice thing about the A9 is that you can set the alarm voltage too.