Has anyone done collaborative build

My question is basically this - Has anyone done collaborative build either with fellow club members or other local or not so local modellers?

Did it work and how was it organised?

There are some questions that spring to mind about the build such as - model choice, money, workshop space, labour split, flying and maintenance. All factors to take into account.

I am thinking larger models that would require a team effort rather than a smaller model.

Any insight would be useful.

Advert

the lancaster build i am doing is a collaberative build.

i am doing all the building, he is paying for it all and we will both fly it.

if you are doing this, i do think that only one person should do the main building as that way you can keep control of the quality.

once you have a part built, then some one else could cover and paint it.

it is a case of getting a team that can do different parts of the construction.

ie:- build, cover, paint, fitting out and crashing (i mean flying)

Hi Tony - thanks - how did you decide on the model to build? was it one that you both wanted or was it a case of short list they type/style of model then vote? Is the other chap local to you/part of your club etc?

I really fancy a large Victor - I bought some plans for a glider version I hope to adapt to accept 2 x EDF's - the chap who is chairman of our local club (and my ex-boss) has a laser cutter so I will draw it up in AutoCad for him to cut for me. I can print/cut any decals etc on my sign making equipment.

I have someone who has a lot more experiance than me at building and much more time. I suppose I would just fund (or mostly fund) the build and then do most of the flying. I intend this year to do my A and B certs and then prehaps a bit of show flying - my club has scale days. I eventually want to get to giant scale for LMA stuff.