Warbirds at Weston Super Mare - 28/9/2013

Advert

Nice find Tim think i may be doing this one as i'm not sure if your aware, you can fly off the beach in nearby Breen sands, which is only 15 minuets from western, and theres plenty of camp sites in Berrow (Breen) too, iv'e flew off the beech there many times and it's great, two birds one stone e.t.c.

Posted by Andrew Garnell on 07/02/2013 12:36:56:

Good find Tim. Small World !! My sister lives at Uphill so have just sent the link, and requested that I come over for that weekend. Also where do the glider boys meet up ??

Regards Andy

If you drive down to the Marina and park in the small car park by the big flood gates. Looking out to sea turn left walking past the boating shop and keep going untill you come to one gate. Through the gate you follow the path until the next gate. Once through the gate walk up the hill to the left (steep path) once you reach the top you find a nice ledge maybe 500meters long which you can fly foamies or smallish gliders from here out over the Marina in a sw. Not a massive slope but can get quite busy on a windy weekend or in the evening. Lots of combat flying going on on summer evenings. No club, no hassle and everyone friendly I dont live in Weston anymore but do get up there visiting quite a bit. Hope this helps.

Roger

Edited By Bearair on 07/02/2013 13:28:57

• 2 weeks later...

Aparently the show organisers "cannot have people flying that close" and have contacted a local power club who fly 10 miles to advise people of this! We may be "allowed" to fly our gliders in the evening but must contact show organisers first. So I do not think you will be seeing us there.

Roger

• 3 months later...

Hi

i have just had the news passed on to me about this page, yes the show is on for the 28th and 29th September at weston-super-mare, there must be a problem with the main site at simply different who host it, as I can't get on to anything, it was there this morning so hopefully only temporary.

www.westonfightermeet.co.uk

we hope many of you will come along, and also may be able to cater for slope soaring for next year if all goes well this year.

all the best

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

So nice that you might " cater for slope soaring" next year since you have stopped us this year!

The arrogance of the show's organisers is breath taking. Still waiting for conformation that you have the right to stop us flying. Certainly the BMFA has not given you any right, they cant it is nothing to do with them. and we have no conformation from the CAA

• 3 months later...