Pull Pull Rudder Cable

Allan Bowker

Advert

Its well worth a visit to your local fishing tackle shop - they have loads of stuff of interest to us - and I've found a somewhat similar outlook on life! I'm quite pally with my local guy.

They have fishing trace as Pete etc suggests - great for control connects and other uses!

Crimps they have them too.

Lead - boy do they have lead. They have lead shot, and lead weights and lead paste, tungsten (denser than lead!) - its like an Alladin's Cave.

The guy will think you're nuts - mine does! - because we ask weird questions like "how much is this lead per oz" etc. But it really is worth a visit - and I know nothing about fishing!

BEB

For the crimps I use the brass grommets from old servos. They allow you to thread the cable back through to create a loop, flatten real easy and with an extra gentle squash using the cutting part of pliers, does the trick. If you flatten gently first, you can even tighten the cable to get the tension correct.