Gliding around my local village

Panther

Grantham, Queensland from the air after 2013 Flooding from Doug on Vimeo.

A short version of a video I took of the Grantham village showing the new settlement area on the ridge and the remains of the old dairy Factory chimney. The building is being redeveloped as a community center. Also, views of the Main St, and some of the vegetable producing properties from the area. Most of these properties were inundated by flooding. The video was taken in the late afternoon 4th Feb 2013 and the sun was setting but still got some nice shots. Original video is twice as long. Minimal sound track.

Edited By Panther on 07/03/2013 10:47:50

Advert

Posted by Ruprect Spode on 07/03/2013 12:10:50:

I love these travelogues! Saves a fortune on airfares.embarrassed Assuming you are also the Grantham Kid the video's of the T28 and PC9 show a decent cricket ground although not immediately obvious in your gliding one. Was it a casualty of the floods?

Thanks Ruprect. I do have some extensive glider vids from the cricket ground but I have not posted them. That glider video was taken around the local village of Grantham that suffered from an inland tsunami 2 years ago and many people were rescued while some were swept away. Many vids on youtube. Another serious flood occured a week before this video as well. Most of the old village was bought up by Govt and a land swap on the nearby ridge was offered to the residents . A lot of new homes have been built there. The other videos were taken about 7 klm further on at the town of Gatton where they mow the cricket ground immaculately for me... lol It's like flying off carpet. Plenty of open space surrounded by market gardens etc. The floods narrowly miss the cricket grounds.

If you see my location on the member map it will show you the locality of these places to where I live.

Member Map. Link in this thread. http://www.modelflying.co.uk/forums/postings.asp?th=26162

You can see the cricket ground (Cahill Park) if you zoom into Gatton.

Cheers, Doug

Edited By Panther on 07/03/2013 13:02:38

Edited By Panther on 07/03/2013 13:05:28

You only get 500 Mb per week. It is reset each Monday. Plenty for me. I mostly only use Vimeo now for uploads.Depends on what it is. This video alone is almost 495 Mb.  I try to keep vids around 4 minutes length at most.

Edited By Panther on 07/03/2013 22:41:06

Edited By Panther on 07/03/2013 22:42:08

Posted by Panther on 07/03/2013 22:38:12:

You only get 500 Mb per week. It is reset each Monday. Plenty for me. I mostly only use Vimeo now for uploads.Depends on what it is. This video alone is almost 495 Mb. I try to keep vids around 4 minutes length at most.

I try that.. and I fail most of the time, probably causing very boring, way too long video's on youtube... face 7

I've really tried my best with the last edit I made, and reduced the 25min flight footage to about 10 minutes, with an intro and outro it comes down to 11 minutes...
Of course 10 minutes of HD video quickly hits 1GB which is a bit silly to upload...
The flv format Youtube accepts (which is, of course, of lesser quality) helps there...
So for now... long vids on youtube from me... I guess you gotta be patient with me face 20

You have to be brutal with yourself when it comes to editing videos. There are lots of sections I cut out that I would love to leave in. I mostly try to cut out all motor runs (nobody likes watching props spin). Also climbing when you can only see sky is boring to viewers. I am still learning and have a long way to go yet.

My onboard cam is only good for aerial footage, not from the ground as it is fisheye type. Most of my vids are 10 - 15 minutes that I cut down to 4 or less. Intros and outros are nice but increase video time and that is why I dub over. I use AVS Video Editor mostly or sometimes AVS Video Remaker.

Edited By Panther on 08/03/2013 00:03:22