Wax finish?

Advert

An old, and i believe German polish called Mer is good, meant for cars but when a car is treated with it and it rains the dirt washes off, i have some and am going to use it as a final finish to a model that i have re-finished with solarlac.

All paint finishes have a microscopic pourosity, this stuff fills it all in.

Totaly agree Danny, silicone is the worst contaminant in a paint environment and i cannot find anywhere on the Mer product information sheet that silicone is part of it`s build, however it does state that it contains polishes and wax blends, it does have a mild cutting agent as on solid un laquered finishes you get colouranhjyunt on the cloth, i would suspect (unproven) that it does not contain silicon as it is aimed at the automotive industry, if you have a painted finish that lacks the lustre i would suggest the following:-

1) if finish is dry/orange peeled, a light rub down with 1200 grit wet or dry using soapy water. be carefull not to rub through the finish coat.

2) A good cut back with Farecla3 cutting paste.

3) finish with 3ms hand glaze then polish of your choice

I would emphasise that a decent thickness of paint is necessary for this process to survive without going through the paint, but, successfully done you will have a mirror finish.