JoseL`Panther.

Jose L. G.

Advert

Rich, José,

Make the top from the sanding block(s), instead of ply, from aluminum, because after some sparts of sanding the ply will show some wear and your blades get thinner.

I have just finished profiling my second set of blades, ( spares ) and for the next set i need to make new sanding blocks.

koen

Edited By Koen Smits on 15/05/2013 20:23:46

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I`m still here.

Rich, Koen,

Thanks.wink 2

Finished profilling and balancing the rotor blades. Only missing the canopy (ouch!).

Find attached a few pics.

hpim1289_1.jpg

Finis sanded the blades. Glueing the ply reinforcements (nderside).

hpim1290_1.jpg

Cut the profile of yhe blades in the root.

hpim1292_1.jpg

Fiberglass reinforcement of the blades (top).

hpim1294_1.jpg

Actual status. Missing the canopy. I`m thinking about a few variations.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there. Finished the cockpit area. Made a balsa mould and using a bottle (Empty !) made the canopy. It`s a bit scratched, so I didn`t put a pilot (a flat one).hpim1298_1.jpgThe balsa mould. Finish sanded and ready for making the canopy.hpim1297_1.jpg A Canopy in a bottle !hpim1299_1.jpg The canopy and the pattern. Translated the lines frrom the balsa to the plastic canopy.hpim1300_1.jpg Glued the canopy. All ready to roll. I`m having problems with the posting (I think is I.Explorer 10).

This saturday I went to the flying field for maidening the gyro. Assembled the rotor and made a range check. All Ok. At this moment arrived to the field a few vehicules and tell us that they are waiting for 9 paramotors. They are making a travel (raid) from Los Palacios (Sevilla) to Sanlucar (in the coast of Cadiz). In a few minutes began appearing and landing in our strip. The take a minutes of relax and refuel the paramotors, eat something and chat with us. When they leave our strip I begn spinning the rotor and added motor. The gyro displaced and make correction with ruder. I think the rotor didn`t manage top speed and after a few trys the giro lifted and fall to the left. (Too much left trim ?) When I retrieved the gyro I noted that the pushrod of pitch was free. So the hops has finished for the day. At home I dissasembled the gyro and the problem was the servo horn. Its broken at the screw hole (center)Also changed the ESC and servo horn (Hyperion carbon reinforced) and assembled ready for new try. Find attached a few pics of the day. hpim1301_1.jpg