New Ripmax Jive

LYKA

Advert

Looks a good price. Will it knife edge, rolling harrier etc or do I need a full 3d plane? If it wasn't for the sides I probably wouldn't need to ask. I just want something compact but fun and cheap to run that I can develop my flying skills with. Maybe I need a different style of plane, I don't know though. Good to know people trust it and it prop hangs well and has power to pull out on a 36.

I missed last months mag do missed the review, didn't look at this plane until last week.

I have been flying a rc factory rs352, it does everything I ask, but want a ic version of a 3d fun plane. I still would have prefered brighter colours on this though for a 'fun' fly and different scheme top and bottom, but I guess I could change that at extra cost. If there is a mark 2, a nicer colour scheme would be great in my opinion, but maybe it's clear in the air )

Thats a big price drop!!!

Thank you

Not that big a price drop to get to the combo offer...airframe £80 engine £65 and maybe £6 delivered? I've had Irvine engines amongst others for over 15 years and class them up there with OS, and they are even made by OS in batches now! I scratched built a blown up 40" Midi Jazz (free smaller Mini Jazz RCME plan for a 15) with an Irvine 'Heli-headed' 36 and Irvine purple tuned pipe back in the day, and it went like a stung wasp. These engines are superb any which way, even if these particular ones are in fact air-headed heli engines with the shorter threaded cranks. Just bear in mind that competition Fun-Fly models were pretty much the starter for 3D..... Rob

Boos Boy,

The J!VE will knife edge and with authority (I've KE looped it) and I have nearly got a nice rolling harrier with it but it is the wrong type of model for high alpha 3D, anything more advanced than a prop hang that is. You need a full 3D plane opposed to a funfly model for that, in IC terms planes like the Hangar9 Kantana 50, Weston Capiche etc....

The way I think about it is funfly models use the wing to create lift and fly and where as 3d models don't they use brute force and angles of attack.

• 3 months later...

I know this is a pretty old thread but I have just finished putting together a Jive - electric version with the biggest lipo I can physically squeeze in and I am going to have to add 200 grammes of dead weight to the nose to get the CofG in the correct place!!!

Is that normal ?? I havent added anything to the tail and everything is as far forwards as it physically can be.

It seems a shame to have a nice light model then add half the church roof to the nose ??

• 3 years later...

I'm about to start stunting the jive. I just ordered one and it should be here in the U.S. by the 2nd! I also ordered a Novarossi .46 for the nose so it should rip pretty good. My last plane was the Modeltech Magic which I loved and it's still in one piece, but shelved. The jive is only slightly smaller than the Magic and I have a Magnum .46 on it. I use to be able to do a bizarre spinning take off like a helicopter. It had enough thrust over one wing to do a level attitude, spinning climb. I think the Jive with this new engine should prove some full attention at my flying field.

Irvine is gone I guess? I was looking for the hot .39. Enya is gone. American Dub Jett engines look nice, but $400!? Nah. There seems to be a dwindling selection of glow engines on the market. Everyone has gone electric. I'm bringing back the smoke!