Surrey Radio Control Club

Posted by yellowred on 31/05/2013 15:28:27:

Hi All, We are a small club, mainly flying fixed wing, i.c and electric, with a nice flying site Near Crawley/ Horsham. Beginners are welcome too, we are a friendly bunch of guys and if the weather is good we can fly 5days a week. Check out the club site www.surreyrcc.org

Edited By yellowred on 31/05/2013 15:29:34

Hi John, thanks for that, but "a farm" could cover several seperate "holdings" spread over quite a large area. Though following the web link takes me to a google earth shot which shows the new feild just the other side of the A264, so good news for those in the Horsham/Crawley area!

Brian, didn't mean my reply to sound sarcastic. One of my neighbours is a member of the Surrey Club. Things have moved on recently with the new road layout by the site and houses starting to go up but he says they are not moving yet. It's a more open site than the new one looks but bordered by a road and railway. I fly with the Horsham Club but pass the Surrey field quite regularly.

John

Hi John, I didn't think you meant any sarcasum, I was just trying to justify what may have seemed to be a stupid questionsmile o.

I have been to the current flying field and it is suprising how far the stirp is from the railway.

Where do the Horsham club fly these days? I was a member when they flew from the Warnham brick works headoffice grounds I would guess that was in the 1980s

Edited By Brian Lambert on 03/06/2013 20:22:37

Edited By Brian Lambert on 03/06/2013 20:23:17

Posted by yellowred on 31/05/2013 15:28:27:

Hi All, We are a small club, mainly flying fixed wing, i.c and electric, with a nice flying site Near Crawley/ Horsham. Beginners are welcome too, we are a friendly bunch of guys and if the weather is good we can fly 5days a week. Check out the club site www.surreyrcc.org

Edited By yellowred on 31/05/2013 15:29:34

BBQ this weekend on Sunday 9th. smile d Who's going ?

Thanks for the invite Dave G! Super BBQ and good to see all the chaps again. I don't think there were any other forumites there, shame, it was a good day.

Maybe next year the invite could go out on this forum a little earlier, may get more local visitors? If that would be welcomed by the club.

• 10 months later...