UK GYRO MEET 2013

Cali

Well that has to be the best get together I have been to, Big Big thanks to Cali and his clubmates for making all of us feel very welcome yet again.

I do have to appologise to those on Saturday, I was fine up until about 3pm and I just had to go and lie down after that. Seems the sun got to me and I had a bit of sun stroke caused by my stupidity on Friday afternoon.

I will stick my head out here and state that I think Saturday was infact the most ever amount of RC autogyros gathered together in one place ever! We had Crane flies in all sorts of sizes (even a man carrying version), scale jobs, OD models , fixed wing conversions....but all with one thing in common, everyone was enjoying themselves.

For me the highlight (and there were lots) was Cali's (event organiser's)1/2 scale Benson take to the air. The blades were untested as were the engine/servos/CG position/Thrustline position/ pre rotator etc etc etc...the model weighs 7kg and it felt way too heavy for my liking. But the model just took to the air with no effort, everything working 100 % and it was like watching a full size.

In second place, has to be all those gents who brought along their new models and seeing their faces when they were maidened.

Brilliant stuff

Rich

Edited By Richard Harris on 24/07/2013 22:58:19

Edited By Richard Harris on 24/07/2013 22:58:58

Posted by Cali on 25/07/2013 21:55:59:

Rich I had to add this, hope you dont mindwink

Edited By Cali on 25/07/2013 21:57:00

Edited By Cali on 25/07/2013 21:57:27

Cali, fantastic model, overused word but it is a truly Awsome Model. Great piloting by Rich E

Chas Im sure it will be just as good next year if not better!wink

Thanks to Debs & Rich, Dave, Lee, Peter & Robert for the brill photos and vids.yes

G-WIZZ now sports a instrument panel which hides all that nasty looking lead, will post a photo or two as soon as I get a chance to bring her out into the sun shine.cool

Cali

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Lol...it could have said much worse !!

It's only 1/4 scale, but plenty big enough for a nice little baby Benson(ish) for next year. The prototype has an EPP foam test pilot in place till I feel he's (I'm)embarrassed ready to bite the bullet and let him take full control.

Also got one of Rich's Gemini's on the building board for over winter to get my thumbs warmed up wink 2

Our local flying field is pretty much under water between now and early spring so time for a bit of building therapy

• 5 weeks later...