New Parkzone FW-190A-8

Tony Read 2

There does not seem to be much forum traffic over here on this bird, so here she is!

Specs:

Wingspan: 43.3 in (1100mm)
Overall Length: 37.0 in (940mm)
Flying Weight: 44.4 oz (1260 g)
Motor Size: 15-size brushless outrunner, 950Kv (installed)
Radio: 4+ channels minimum (6+ for drop tank and retract operation) transmitter (required)
CG (center of gravity): 2.90 in (74mm) back from the leading edge of wing at wing root
Prop Size: 9.5 x 7.5
Speed Control : 30-amp BL ESC (installed)
Recommended Battery: 11.1V 2200mAh 3S 25C LiPo (required)
Flaps: No
Retracts: Optional

What do you FW fans think of her?

Advert

Had one in my modelling room for the last two weeks awaiting assembly.

I'm waiting for the eflite retracts and the bomb-drop unit though before I'll put it together.

If it's as good as all the other Parkzone models I've got (I'm a bit of a Parkzone junkie I'm afraid) then it should be great! thumbs up

Hey Andy!

Let us know how the build and maiden go. thumbs up

There seems to be a lot of brand snobbery on certain US forums (X brand is more scale than Y, Y brand is cheaper than Z etc etc), and comments on this bird appear to be no exception. Puts me off reading through all that US stuff just to find a useful nugget of info.

Me, I've never had a 'bad' Parkzone plane, and i have quite a few. teeth 2

Seen some great positive reviews on YouTube by Aussies.

Mr Chuck TS loves this plane, and looking at his vids it seems to fly great. Its a smart looking model for sure. thumbs up

I think Chuck comes on this forum sometimes. If you do Chuck, how about an update? Now you have flown it a bit what do you think?

• 1 month later...

Well, a bit of an update on the 190.

I got the electric retracts for it, and this evening I tried to drop them in. They went in fine, but the prebent legs are bent wrong and won't close properly when retracting.

There is also masses of toe-in when extended, something the manual says you shouldn't have any of!

I am going to have to disassemble the retracts, and tweek the legs so that they are ok, not a happy camper about that. angry

I am a big admirer of Parkzone gear, but I have had problems the wire legs on other models' retracts (Parkzone/E-Flite) - it seems to be something they consistently fail to get right!