3D hobby shop edge 540 58" span

Advert

I had looked at the 74" range mark but as this is my first real plane (not counting my wot foamies) after returning from helicopters I felt such a big beastie was probably not such a good idea so plumped for the smaller one & bought the xtreme wot 4 as an ongoing project. I also bought a hyperion sniper for some foamie practice 3d

The 3d hobby shop stuff is superbly engineered & very very light. I think companies like sebart etc could learn alot looking at their range & the quality of it.

Posted by Rcslopesurfer on 23/06/2013 22:05:20:

I'm expecting a minimum of 8 mins & to be fair it should easily do that.

Cracking model but think you'll be very lucky to get 8 mins on a 2600mah unless you hunt some thermals while your up there wink 2

Best of luck with the maiden (and set your timer to 3 mins for starters thumbs up )

As a rough guide I get about 5mins tops with a Sebart 50E Sukhoi (only 3" bigger) with a 6s 3700. I usually have the timer set to just over 4 mins to allow for a go around if the runway is busy or Im far out.

You'll be drawing quite a bit of current for such a small capacity cell so you wont feel the power gradually dropping off like your smaller planes - you'll probably hit LVC with very little warning especially if you're prop hanging at the time crook

Try keeping the model fairly close in for the first few flights and make sure your spotter (missus) keeps the runway clear just in case. Nothing worse than dead sticking with someone sat on the runway ready for take off.

Happy Landings!!