Clubs flying in Gateshead/newcastle area

Hi Declan, welcome to the forum!

I'm originally from Whitley Bay, but moved 300 miles south 30+ years ago. Probably the wrong side of the river for you, but there's a good club at Blyth, also one at Cramlington. There are members certainly of the Blyth club - and I think Cramlington too - on the forum. I'm sure they'll make themselves known shortly!

I learnt to fly on the Town Moor. I don't know what the situation is with flying there these days asnd whether or not there's a club there - I'm going back to the early/mid 1970s!

Hello Declan,

Welcome to the forum.

Like John says I'm not sure of the current situation with Newcastle club either.

Ive been in Blyth club for over 10 year and it's a great place to meet fellow modellers and learn to fly.

For some reason the BMFA don't list the Blyth model club site on their map.

here is a link to the Blyth club website

Craig

Edited By Craig Carr on 29/06/2013 10:48:41

Hi Craig - if you want to be on the BMFA map and aren't at the moment, give Andy Symons a call at the BMFA office or email him via their admin address.

We were in a similar position - I was sure we'd given consent (some time ago!) to be on the map they were developing, but didn't appear on it when the map was launched.

I had a chat with Andy at the BMFA Chairmans' conference a few months ago and he explained that clubs who'd not given consent for their contact phone numbers to be published wouldn't automatically be on the map. But club representatives could request to be on the map with whatever details they were comfortable with.