shop in kent

Mouse

Hello, can anybody recomend a shop in kent for a new heli pilot (me, not a cockpit figure laugh) , i have a rough idea of what i want but would rather go to a shop rather than buy blind on the internet, please do not suggest modelworld in sittingborne as my last experince of them was not a good one. thank you , Mouse. p.s sorry for the layout of this post but i do not seem able to do paragraphs on this site ???

Advert

All i can say is avoid elite models at all costs, Ive had some very bad experiance with them. Slough models is one of my favourites, I buy online from them postage is top class next day delivery. Of coarse as you say you need to browse, Sussex models is another good one.

Best of luck.

Posted by M ouse on 13/07/2013 17:56:54:

p.s sorry for the layout of this post but i do not seem able to do paragraphs on this site ???

Sounds like you've found one of the strange "quirks" of the software on the site! If you're using a recent version of Internet Exploder then try clicking the Compatability Mode icon - it's at the right-hand end of the address bar and looks like a sheet of paper torn across the middle (presumably symbolising a broken page.)

Alternatively try a different browser like Firefox. I use Firefox and have never had the problem of the carriage return not working in the reply box.

Hi there

Thank you for the replys, Elite modles do not exist anymore, Ashford model supplys do not have much to do with helis which is a pity as they are good people, so it looks like dartford or sussex for me.

does anyone have anymore to say about TJD as they are closer ???.

P.S Thanks to John Privett your tip about compatability mode icon worked,

heloo mouse...wellcome to the forum(the new look one)....before you get rid of your hard earned have a look around one of your local club sites.......pick the brains of any heli flyers you find...and sound them out about buying any particular heli(foodmixer).....there are lots to consider/choose from....

ken anderson.....ne...1......wellcome/foodmixer dept....

Personally, I have not found a single shop in the SE that has more expertise than Avicraft (Bromley) with Ali Newman heading the rotary wing arena, but don't go there blind expecting large stock to look at. He can put you in touch with a Heli only club in NW Kent if thats where you are.

Outdoors? Indoors? Size? Electric? Engine Powered? Ready to Fly? Kit?

You say so little about what and where you fancy/think you will fly it is harder to say more.

(owner of currently more than 20 Helicopters from tiny indoor to 91 power, BTW)

Hi there

sorry for not putting more detail about what i am looking for, did not want to bore people to much, but as you asked here i go smiley.

No previous flying experience at all ,Started on a twister hawk about 2 years ago and got hooked straight away,

Currently have a I-heli F45 from century u.k which is fixed pitch.

I want to stay with electric and be able to fly outdoor and have more control over the heli than i do at the moment, my F45 has been flown by some experienced pilots and most say that the main problem is that it is to small and toylike and therefore is affected by the smallest amount of breeze and so i have been thinking about a larger/heavier heli that is more suited to outdoors but also able to learn on

This is why i asked about good local shops in the hope that they could help me with what i need rather than what they have to sell.

I have read quite a lot of reviews but it seems that the more i read the more confused i get, flybar,no flybar, fixed pitch,collective pitch, motor or belt driven tail ect ect, I don't want to fly backwards and upside down only using my toes whilst i balance a ice-cream on my nose, I just want to be able to do the basics like fly circuits, hover and land in one peace.

To be honest at the moment i think ready built would be best as I do not have the knowledge or skill to build one to a good/safe standard.

Thank you for your time

Mouse.

P.S I am in Folkestone, Kent