Newbie question

Martin Hickey

I know the answer a freind want to start flying, has is hart set on a Wat4 foame but unable to get one yet due to being out of stock but has seen the Acro wat foame and thinks that will be OK to learn on with the club instructor I,ve told him what I think but he want,s to know other flyers thoughts

Advert

Hi Martin, It really is best to learn gradually, on a slow, and stable aircraft.. The acro wot might work as John has said, but the depth of learning is really important. We all know of the hotshot who is solo in a short week, but the real knowledge just can't be there. All the wee problems that a good safe pilot knows how to sort out, and even better avoid all together......................ernie

AcroWot foamy + Newbie first time in the air = Tears of Frustration and a black bag of compressed popcorn bits. Another member lost to the hobby. I wouldn't put a toddler on line skates either.

If our Newbie can be persuaded, get him started on an EasyStar or an HK Bixler - I know it's a bit like stabilisers on his first bike - but he's going to learn a lot more quickly if he doesn't spend most of his initial flights watching his Instructor retrieving his WOTever from near catastrophe rather than developing his skills guiding a fundamentally stable airframe around the circuit with minimal interference from his instructor.