strimmer engine

john melia 1

Advert

I have seen only one conversion and for the size of engine it had a lot less power than a dedicated rc engine.

There are so many good value rc engines available ( and quite a few more in the classifieds) I would say it is more trouble than its worth trying to do a conversion

John,

My old man has converted loads, it is not my cup of tea but he gets a lot of enjoyment out of it which is all that matters.

Here is one of his OD craft fitted with 3 flymo strimmer engines he has converted.

And here is another he has done, he recons that these mootors are infact Zenoah units. He mounetd them inline and fitted them in an OD aircraft.

I say do it!..

Rich

Edited By Richard Harris on 15/09/2013 21:06:30

John, I haven't done this but have toyed with the idea. I am well aware the power weight ratio isn't good but I want to "just for the hell of it" just to see if it can be done - for the sake of the exercise. There are loads of youtube vids on how to and those that have been done. Don't know if I'll ever get around to it. Too busy building and flying gliders.

Ian