faulty ESC ???

ericrw

Today, on connecting my transmitter to my Beaver model my Turnigy Plush 60 amp ESC is making an intermittent beeping sound and the motor is having a jerky movement. The elev, rud, ail all responded when I switched on but no joy from the throttle. It worked fine the last time I flew but today a problem. Is the ESC faulty or do they go to sleep ??

Advert

Try some 'down' trim on the throttle, Eric. IIRC, I've had similar in the dim and distant past and I can't remember if that fixed a similar problem.....

Next option would be to 'teach' the ESC the throttle position and see if that helps.

If not, I'll have a harder think - I'm rushing past the Pc at the mo....smile

Pete

The trick is to avoid giving them any Horlicks before putting them away Eric......then they stay wide awake until you need them again....teeth 2

But from the symptoms you describe I think I'd line up behind the learned Mr Cotsford.....a dodgy joint between ESC & motor would be my guess.....a badly soldered connector is often the culprit!!