Lipo power switch

As has been said, the only way is a MOSFET way. Any mechanical switch would be SO heavy and cluncky to handle100A+. Ti achieve this is remarkably simple and cheap: -

mos_switch.jpg

Make the switch a reliable latching on/off,  .. For 'DC Motor' substitute your ESC and brushless. Make sure the MOSFET has a VERY low on resistance...lowest I can find is 0.001 ohms. That means that on a current of 50A (for example) you will loose around 2.5V across the MOSFET itself. This could be reduced of course by putting devices in parallel, but seeing as they are only a couple of quid each..

I welcome a conversation with another electronics enthusiast!

Well over 100A capacity. I feel some experimentation coming on...

Thoughts anyone?

Edited By Stevo on 07/02/2014 17:13:58

Edited By Stevo on 07/02/2014 17:38:59

Advert

Nice link!

Well, I suppose an easy way would be to install a blade fuse holder, so it attaches to the fuselage side or wherever. Simply plug in a a blade fuse and fly... You will be covered up to 100A that way... and no potential voltage drop over a MOSFET!

Posted by Stevo on 07/02/2014 16:59:51:

Thoughts anyone?

Yes, I think your calculator needs some new batteries! teeth 2

You said "lowest I can find is 0.001 ohms. That means that on a current of 50A (for example) you will loose around 2.5V across the MOSFET itself." Surely as V=IR then the voltage drop will be 50 x 0.001 = 0.05v. Rather less than 2.5v which would have been a very significant drop!

Posted by Stevo on 07/02/2014 18:35:52:

Nice link!

Well, I suppose an easy way would be to install a blade fuse holder, so it attaches to the fuselage side or wherever. Simply plug in a a blade fuse and fly... You will be covered up to 100A that way... and no potential voltage drop over a MOSFET!

Where can the 100A blade fuse be obtained, and how big is it?