Oodally Engine Choice

Levanter

I am having a bit of fun at the moment matching engines that I have with projects that are underway. The matchmaking has gone very well but I am left with Oodalally and a new Irvine 40. (neither of which can be considered Wallflowers by any stretch of the imagination) Is this going to be a good marriage or end in early separation?

Advert

The .32 is the perfect size.. IT provides bags of power for all aerobatics without getting silly.

The model would fly and do aerobatics on a good .25 and a coocking 35 would be fine.

One of the less powerful 40s such as an old FP would be quite acceptable.

A, OS 40 Surpass would be quite nice and you probably would not need very much lead in the tail.

I rememberr putting an Irvvine .40 in a quite large camera plane and handlaunching on its test flight. Before I could get my hand to the sticks it was half way across a field with the obvious intention of comitting atrocities on a row of trees. That was in the 80s.

Put that in Oodalally and invest in a couple of packs of Pampers!

Edited By Peter Miller on 26/10/2013 08:46:47

Posted by Percy Verance on 26/10/2013 13:35:28:

Ron

You'd use a nylon engine mount and fix the engine in place with self tapping screws. This isn't the best way to mount an engine, but with a smaller capacity engine such as the .32 size recommended for the Oodalally, it's perfectly ok.

In fact I wouldn't use normal screws at all Ron, I'd use these..... **LINK**

Edited By Percy Verance on 26/10/2013 13:39:21

Of course if anyoen really wants to use nuts and bolts they can put the bolts through from the bottom of the mount and solder a wire into a slot cut in the head of the bolt.

We always did that with wooden bearers.